Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    sassySloth

Armello - A Card/ Board Game w/ Furs

Watch me swooce right in.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    This looks super slick, I'm sold on the art alone. Also, the otter doesn't hurt. :v I'll start passing this around to a few friends who might be interested, this is a pretty great share Sassy.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Now, should we back it because it's a good game or because it's a OMFG FURRIES ARE IN IT game? I find that a crude negative bias curdles within my sights when a game being advertised to me is "GOOD BECAUSE FURRIES". God, I'd be so anti Disney classics if everyone introduced every disney movie to me as a kid with "HEY! FURRY CHARACTERS ARE IN IT :3c". I would've missed out on a lot of good shizz. I'll wait for this to pop up on facebook or something by one of my friends, because god forbid my IRL buds call me a furfag for bringing this to our table top sessions.

Then again it's a digital boardgame. HUH. >:^[

Also, I like your new avatar Bb.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Looks neat and thanks for sharing.

Reminds me of when I played a game of Desperate Gods with a buddy of mine, jolly good fun it was.
    It seems like virtual board games are on the rise...

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Now, should we back it because it's a good game or because it's a OMFG FURRIES ARE IN IT game? I find that a crude negative bias curdles within my sights when a game being advertised to me is "GOOD BECAUSE FURRIES". God, I'd be so anti Disney classics if everyone introduced every disney movie to me as a kid with "HEY! FURRY CHARACTERS ARE IN IT :3c". I would've missed out on a lot of good shizz. I'll wait for this to pop up on facebook or something by one of my friends, because god forbid my IRL buds call me a furfag for bringing this to our table top sessions.

Not many people I know only likes something because it's anthro. In fact I usually see the opposite more often.

That being said, the artwork is... a mixed bag for me. That Squirrel, Otter, and Badger look pretty cool, but that fox just looks bogus. That oddly shaped head looks strange on that spindly body, like it's body is just squeezed into a tight suit. Still, always willing to give things a try.
    Last edited by Benny Bunnycorn; 04-10-2014 at 01:46 PM.

It looks interesting, the artwork is pretty cool I will agree the fox looks a little weird though. As long as the voice acting (if there is any that is) is decent (instead of like dust where I want to stick screwdrivers in my ears every time Fidget opens...her? mouth)

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bunnycorn View Post
    Not many people I know only likes something because it's anthro. In fact I usually see the opposite more often.
    You must be new to furry websites.

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    You must be new to furry websites.
    Not really. I've noticed that even in "furry" communities that generally people act like something automatically sucks just cause it has anthro characters. I really haven't seen the reverse even in the furry fandom, just people taking an interest cause it has anthro characters.
    Last edited by Benny Bunnycorn; 04-12-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Weasyl
    sassySloth

I know what you're saying. Personally I think this game looks incredible. That it's populated by furries is just icing on the cake. When I see that something has anthros in it it will grab my attention. And quality wise I'll give the show/movie/etc extra leeway, but at the end of the day nothing is good simply because it has anthros in it.

Thanks Toshi. Pink, punk, ostriches with sharp teeth are woefully underrepresented.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    That it's populated by furries is just icing on the cake.
    I can just see it going in the wrong direction unless you pick a specific group of friend to play it with.

PUG will probably go

"Hi, I pick the fox"
    'K, I pick this. let's yiff"

RIP.