Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 149 of 149
  1. #141
    Banned Tycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Now I know why I didn't come back to this thread. It's just devolved into NAFALT, NAFALT, NAFALT. Oh, and "muh patriarchy".
    Last edited by Tycho; 04-14-2014 at 09:00 AM.

  2. #142
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    Feminist movement has had people re-evaluate gender roles, despite Bronies trying to think they did it first.

    For example "be a man" which has been argued about men being "the better/more dominant gender" also has one thinking about how using that phrase has not helped men with social issues and problems. it was just shut up because talking about problems or solving them is primarily a feminine trait.

  3. #143
    Banned Tycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Feminist movement has had people re-evaluate gender roles, despite Bronies trying to think they did it first.

    For example "be a man" which has been argued about men being "the better/more dominant gender" also has one thinking about how using that phrase has not helped men with social issues and problems. it was just shut up because talking about problems or solving them is primarily a feminine trait.
    Because men have never solved problems. What? How the fuck is problem solving or discussion a GENDERED trait? Are you seriously going to fucking ignore all the pioneers of psychology/psychiatric medicine, philosophy and sociology who were male?
    Last edited by Tycho; 04-14-2014 at 09:35 AM.

  4. #144
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Because men have never solved problems. What? How the fuck is problem solving or discussion a GENDERED trait? Are you seriously going to fucking ignore all the pioneers of psychology/psychiatric medicine, philosophy and sociology who were male?
    It's not if they have, it's HOW it's done. Changing how it is done and perceived is a help.

  5. #145
    Ideally, Feminism SHOULD help men.

    But given how tehse movements tend to get hijacked by saboteurs who introduce ridiculous ideas to the movement and eventually become the voice.... yeah.

  6. #146
    Banned Tycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    It's not if they have, it's HOW it's done. Changing how it is done and perceived is a help.
    Right, so how is it done now that should be revisited and revised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpotato View Post
    Ideally, Feminism SHOULD help men.

    But given how tehse movements tend to get hijacked by saboteurs who introduce ridiculous ideas to the movement and eventually become the voice.... yeah.
    With a name like "FEMINism" why should it help men? It is, by deliberate omission of the masculine, implying that "femininity = positive, masculinity = negative". It's one thing to say it's for women, for helping women, etc. That I can understand. But to assert that something that with its very NAME tells men "You're bad and you need to be fixed" you're poisoning the narrative before it even STARTS. And if you look at a lot of the "toxic masculinity" narratives put forth by prominent narratives that seem to define its "toxicity" by how it upsets FEMINISTS rather than how it negatively impacts MEN, it becomes even HARDER to believe that feminism CAN or SHOULD be something that helps men.
    Last edited by Tycho; 04-14-2014 at 12:11 PM.

  7. #147
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    We are taking about now. Instead of men being told not to think a certain way, not care about health or they should be the only one to be the primary income - movements towards gender equality or feminism moves towards the right direction.

    It means instead of income just being the male primary role the reverse can happen

  8. #148
    Banned Tycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    We are taking about now. Instead of men being told not to think a certain way, not care about health or they should be the only one to be the primary income - movements towards gender equality or feminism moves towards the right direction.

    It means instead of income just being the male primary role the reverse can happen
    Well, women now outnumber men on payrolls, in the electorate, and the wage gap narrative is growing increasingly specious in nature. Are we there yet? Are we at a point where men are allowed to not be the primary earners and providers and take a more relaxed and domestic role? When will we be?

    Women also control more of the GDP than men. Women earn more college degrees, are more likely to graduate high school, are incarcerated at a lower rate and for smaller periods of time than men.

    When will we be getting this help?
    Last edited by Tycho; 04-14-2014 at 01:49 PM.

  9. #149
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    Some cases yes. Some women have careers where they actually earn as much or more.

    There are stay at home fathers. My sister is working and her s.o. is taking care of the kid and house.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •