Le Mysterieux Missing Thumbnails

About a week ago or so, all thumbnails stopped loading whenever I accessed the site.

It's not just my computer. I found a few days later that the same thing happened when I tried to access Weasyl on my smartphone.

This is still going on as I type this.~

Just curious to know if anybody else has seen this, and if any actions are being taken. Not sure what's going on.

- C

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Fiz
    We're really trying to figure out what is causing this but it's being difficult to pinpoint when it's not the adblocker issue.

What smartphone were you using, what OS and version of OS are you using on that phone?

What browser and browser version on a computer were you using?

Was it -all- thumbnails? Was anything else missing? Like avatars, full submission images, user banners etc.

Could you provide a few sample urls/links of images that are not loading?
    Last edited by Fiz; 04-07-2014 at 11:57 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Also for those having problems on a desktop, try using the browser dev tools to see if the thumbnails were never requested or if you get back a non-200 status code.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    We're really trying to figure out what is causing this but it's being difficult to pinpoint when it's not the adblocker issue.

What smartphone were you using, what OS and version of OS are you using on that phone?

What browser and browser version on a computer were you using?

Was it -all- thumbnails? Was anything else missing? Like avatars, full submission images, user banners etc.

Could you provide a few sample urls/links of images that are not loading?
    I use an iPhone 4. Browser is Safari.

On my comp, I use Safari or Firefox. The missing thumbnails happen on both browsers.

Thumbnails are the only things missing. Avatars, submission images, etc. are all present and accounted for!

Hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by christaphorac View Post
    On my comp, I use Safari or Firefox. The missing thumbnails happen on both browsers.

Thumbnails are the only things missing. Avatars, submission images, etc. are all present and accounted for!
    Same thing happening on my computer with IE 9, though Firefox 28.0 seems to be showing the thumbnails with no problems.
    website | blog | FurAffinity | Amazon | Goodreads | Smashwords | Twitter

Weasyl
    Autumnstorm
    I'm unable to see any thumbnails at all when browsing on mobile anymore also. All other images appear to work as normal.

This is on Internet Explorer Mobile 10 running on Windows Phone 8 (OS version 8.0.10517.150 if that helps or matters).

I am able to see all thumbnails just fine on the PC with both Firefox 28 (running NoScript and AdBlock Plus, both with Weasyl whitelisted) and Internet Explorer 11 (with no plugins).
    Avatar image created by BenjiUki!

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8

Weasyl
    Fiz
    I'm real sorry for the delay with replies. We still haven't been able to pinpoint the problem yet. Possible culprits seem to be a javascript or caching issue? However honing in on the bug has been hard.

Currently I'm working on getting a news post that will request certain information from people experience these bugs. I'll reply to this thread again once I get that finished.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Sorry for the delay again, trying to figure out ways to diagnose this.

For those having this bug on their PCs: Go to a page where you are encountering the issue and on your browser, go to File - > Save Page As and choose save as .htm or .html only. You'll need to either upload this file to a file hosting site like dropbox or filesmelt and send the link to me. You can just send it via forum PM for the sake of privacy. Alternatively you can just e-mail the .htm/.html file to me at invaderfiz[at]yahoo[dot]com

Mobile device users: Please try accessing the site using Wifi first rather than 4g/3g etc. If that still doesn't work, try a different browser. Let me know which browser you switched to and if it worked or not. If swapping to Wifi from 4g/3g works, then your mobile ISP is putting you behind a page-processing proxy server that is breaking Weasyl right now. We are working on this problem, but for now, stick to Wifi or try to disable any 'speed up' or 'content reformatting/processing' options your phone provider offers for mobile data.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Since there has been no reply to this in over a month, I will close it. Make a new thread if this issue comes up again.