Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Antumbra Sketches Thingy

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Ooooooh I like this design :3c I don't see much cyber stuff anymore for some reason...
    I have to note that the face (and/or head) seems a little too wide to me, although that may just be a function of the species. I'm not particularly knowledgeable outside of felines and canines ; o ;
    Also, I don't know if you were going to return and check this more, but you should be careful about how the zipper moves with the folds in the clothes. Zippers obviously don't fold like normal cloth, but you still need to pay close attention to where it's shifting and folding. Also, zipper itself can cause folds if it sticks out in a certain place where normal cloth would fold in or something.
    Right now it looks like it's ignoring the collar bones, the folds between the middle of the breasts, and it's folding under the breasts but I'm guessing it would actually just ignore the bottom of the breasts altogether and keep moving on out towards the bottom. Also it looks a little like it's floating to the side in the middle of the breasts, but if you meant for that to just be it moving with the angle, be sure to check the width. (I wish I had a tablet so I could try to show you where exactly I'd change things... ;~; ehh) If all else fails, try getting a zippered thing and simulating this somehow. Or just practice drawing zippers in general. That would be my advice.
    BUT. Remember to take my advice with a grain of salt ;n; aha
    I really like the hair :3 It looks really pretty and well done! And I'm impressed by the hands ; o ; as you have seen in my thread, I'm not exactly perfect at them... aha ; o ; You're doing pretty great, though! :>

sorry for writing really long paragraphs ;~; I tend to be wordy...

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Ooooooh I like this design :3c I don't see much cyber stuff anymore for some reason...
    I have to note that the face (and/or head) seems a little too wide to me, although that may just be a function of the species. I'm not particularly knowledgeable outside of felines and canines ; o ;
    Also, I don't know if you were going to return and check this more, but you should be careful about how the zipper moves with the folds in the clothes. Zippers obviously don't fold like normal cloth, but you still need to pay close attention to where it's shifting and folding. Also, zipper itself can cause folds if it sticks out in a certain place where normal cloth would fold in or something.
    Right now it looks like it's ignoring the collar bones, the folds between the middle of the breasts, and it's folding under the breasts but I'm guessing it would actually just ignore the bottom of the breasts altogether and keep moving on out towards the bottom. Also it looks a little like it's floating to the side in the middle of the breasts, but if you meant for that to just be it moving with the angle, be sure to check the width. (I wish I had a tablet so I could try to show you where exactly I'd change things... ;~; ehh) If all else fails, try getting a zippered thing and simulating this somehow. Or just practice drawing zippers in general. That would be my advice.
    BUT. Remember to take my advice with a grain of salt ;n; aha
    I really like the hair :3 It looks really pretty and well done! And I'm impressed by the hands ; o ; as you have seen in my thread, I'm not exactly perfect at them... aha ; o ; You're doing pretty great, though! :>

sorry for writing really long paragraphs ;~; I tend to be wordy...
    Thanks! I'll get to work on those before inking it. I have no clue why but I've been having the bad habit of drawing faces too wide. I definitely need to work on zippers, I tend not to draw them since they are a pain.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    Thanks! I'll get to work on those before inking it. I have no clue why but I've been having the bad habit of drawing faces too wide. I definitely need to work on zippers, I tend not to draw them since they are a pain. :roflmao:
    Yeah, I have issues with face placement ; o ; Maybe skull studies could help? Skull studies are supposed to help drill in face proportions for eyes/ears/nose/mouth. That's on my list cuz I have problems with that stuff too ; o ; Glad I could help though ; v ;

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Last edited by Antumbra; 08-10-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Woah~ ;o Nice improvement to the face, and the whole setting is something I totally dig! Just some suggestions; a bit of the linework I'd personally not do as thick or dark (around the hips & where her crotch is). Her chest is also looking a bit flattened/squished - unless that was done to show the tightness of the shirt, then disregard this. It just looks off to me though. XD

Nice work as always Antumbra! -wishes I had glowy markings like her, wah~-

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Woah~ ;o Nice improvement to the face, and the whole setting is something I totally dig! Just some suggestions; a bit of the linework I'd personally not do as thick or dark (around the hips & where her crotch is). Her chest is also looking a bit flattened/squished - unless that was done to show the tightness of the shirt, then disregard this. It just looks off to me though. XD

Nice work as always Antumbra! -wishes I had glowy markings like her, wah~-
    Thanks Moogle! I totally forgot to move the computer layer above the lineart one . Fixed and thanks again!

The shirt was intentionally tight so it would seem like an undershirt, but I think you were right and I overdid it.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Yes. I like this. I love glowy lines ; v ;

Weasyl
    Antumbra

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    Everyone loves glowy lines! :laugh: Your sig pic is hilarious btw. I could watch it for hours.
    Pffft thanks xP

Current character I'm working on:

[IMG]
    Oooooh yes! :> Cute! Most of the anatomy is going really well. Good job with the bulkiness of the lower character! I'm still working on that ;~;
    Reminder, though: watch the eye distance! It still looks a little wide from my point of view ;~; Not entirely sure on that though. Just a suggestion. Also the wrist on the right could be a little smaller, I think.
    Plus, and this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it at least these last two pictures have had characters in almost the same pose. Just make certain to vary your poses! Repeating yourself isn't good for improvement ; o ; But maybe I just have a small sample size. Ignore this if it's not correct.
    I'm liking how it's looking now though! :> Good work with two characters interacting. Multiple bodies is hard ;~; It's coming out well!

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Pffft thanks xP

Oooooh yes! :> Cute! Most of the anatomy is going really well. Good job with the bulkiness of the lower character! I'm still working on that ;~;
    Reminder, though: watch the eye distance! It still looks a little wide from my point of view ;~; Not entirely sure on that though. Just a suggestion. Also the wrist on the right could be a little smaller, I think.
    Plus, and this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it at least these last two pictures have had characters in almost the same pose. Just make certain to vary your poses! Repeating yourself isn't good for improvement ; o ; But maybe I just have a small sample size. Ignore this if it's not correct.
    I'm liking how it's looking now though! :> Good work with two characters interacting. Multiple bodies is hard ;~; It's coming out well!
    Thank you! I'll get to work on those before I started inking.

Yea I am doing somewhat similar poses for now, but only partially by choice. Part of me still wants to experiment, but I'm really trying to focus more on the character design. I'm kinda afraid of doing a design where I will forget part of it later if I hide it with the pose.