Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A

So here's the deal

There's this girl, right? We have a history together, and we started talking a little less than a month ago after having broken up several months prior to that. No contact otherwise. She wants me back and tbh I do too, but I'm also not trying to rush things since that's what I think killed our past relationships.

We do pretty much everything couples do - alternate paying for "dates", frequent visits (which is awesome since she lives a few cities away), text/call each other every day, etc. The only difference is, we're not official. We're both still technically single, but neither one of us really wants to date or fuck with anyone else. Part of me is wondering why I'd bother making it official (since now it's my call to make anyway), and part of me is like FUGGIN' GO GET HER.

She's taken relationships for granted in the past, and for right now I kinda need her to show me that she actually wants me back. But for some reason I have to constantly fight the urge to ask her if she wants to make it official, because doing that won't change anything except a Facebook relationship status.

Your thoughts?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Change Facebook status... and give you peace of mind.

BOOM. DONE!

To be honest, I don't see a problem with simply asking. Not like it's going to kill you.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    If you are doing everything couples do I don't see why you are dancing around the matter. These sorts of mind-games can fracture the ground you're trying to lay. If " a facebook status" is all you think the difference means, it seems to me you do not place a very high value on the meaning in the first place.

Weasyl
    therainbowtroll
    Its up to your discretion. Tell me if Im wrong but it sounds like you want her to make the first move. I dont know her but if she dident do that before she most likely wont do it now. She might need you to tell her up right what you want.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    It sounds like you're very close so why not talk with her seriously about the matter. That way you'll know what she wants and you can plan your moves from there.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    N/A
    As someone who was in an off/on relationship, I don't recommend it but I don't know your history so I can't say for certain. This article seems to sum it up pretty well http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-relationships
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    As someone who was in an off/on relationship, I don't recommend it but I don't know your history so I can't say for certain. This article seems to sum it up pretty well http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-relationships
    Yeah, this is the third time we've dated. I made it pretty clear to her that we both have things we need to work on in order to make this relationship work, since we've both fucked up in the past. Both times were fun, happy, not too serious relationships and we're kinda done playing around and treating it like high-school sweethearts.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Bleed her for everything she's got while you still can.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Bleed her for everything she's got while you still can.
    where's the "this" button

^ Not programmed yet. So after reading the first post both of you are more like "friends with benefits" instead of a couple, right?? Well if youīre still conflicted about what to do give this some thought and go ask her if she wants it to be official... with discretion, donīt be so upfront and ask it in a calm way. Considering both of you do what a normal couple do it I donīt this turned out badly.