Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Weird things people say

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    We've actually kinda stopped talking about that. You just sparked it up again. Just sayin'
    I can't spark anything up until I'm done with classes :<
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conner View Post
    I personally don't care what you guys talk about, but I just figured I'd let you know that based on what I've seen before, a mod's probably gonna be pissed if they come in here and see that the topic has gone from "weird things you hear people say" to "RAAAH, FEMINISM."
    I really don't appreciate the characterization of my posts as being an incoherent rant, thank you.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I really don't appreciate the characterization of my posts as being an incoherent rant, thank you.
    I actually agree with you for the most part, I'm just trying to make a point. I don't particularly appreciate your hostile attitude when all I'm trying to do is keep you out of trouble. Just start another thread about it.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #74
    Well, things here seem to have sort of taken care of themselves. Discussion happens naturally and is fine, but while the topic might not have any deliberate set of rails, there's a spirit to the thread and it definitely went a bit off from that. I'm not pissed as a mod or anything, the goal here isn't to squash discussion. Most of what gets reported is reported because things might come off as insensitive or hostile on a sensitive topic, and that could (and often does) lead to a lot of unnecessary hostility between users who have differing opinions. I'm not going to retroactively slap anyone on the wrists for anything as that'd be entirely unnecessary and you guys aren't children, but when things do go off-course, there's always the ability to go make a new thread about it.

Weasyl
    Aakosir
    This guy at work today "I got so bored yesterday I cleaned the dining room, refilled the fixin's bar, cleaned the bathrooms, etc, etc" and he was bragging about it! You're bragging about doing your job. Woo! Go you! He doesn't do anything any other time!

I brag about getting a fucking career, not that I work at a fast food place.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakosir View Post
    This guy at work today "I got so bored yesterday I cleaned the dining room, refilled the fixin's bar, cleaned the bathrooms, etc, etc" and he was bragging about it! You're bragging about doing your job. Woo! Go you! He doesn't do anything any other time!

I brag about getting a fucking career, not that I work at a fast food place.
    This has a fairly simple explanation: There are people who take pride in their work, no matter how inconsequential that work may or may not be. I understand that braggarts are obnoxious, good grief believe you me on that one, but you can't measure what one person is proud of against the standards of another. That's how we get people who feel like nothing they do is good enough/no one is better than them. If someone is super stoked because of what they perceive as an achievement...well good for them no? Life is a drag sometimes as is.

Here's a fairly common strange thing I hear: People opening up with "This may be a weird question" when asking me about some topic related to a body piercing while I'm at work in a place just for that. I suppose this is just a way to break the ice?

"The toe has a size bonus to armor class"

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    My brother again in his sleep.
    brother "Bikers"
    me "what did you say about bikers?"
    brother "I didn't say anything about bikers. I said 40 dollar dogs."

Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    that sounds delicious. I fucking love mayo
    It's digusting - the amount of mayonnaise some people put on their subs makes me wanna hurl on the sandwich. :S

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Myself: "Let me know if you need anything"
    Lady: "I'll come for it later"

I get that people are on autopilot, so that when I say "good afternoon" they reply with "Good, you?" but really.

Weasyl
    t_iii
    A lot of my "weird things people say" these days are people who come to see me at my convention table, and I feel bad for finding some of the things they say hilarious but it really can't be helped sometimes. Some of my favourites include;

"Do you have any GAY?!" (so I sold him some gay)
    "Did you draw that?" (whilst I'm drawing "that")
    "Are you here tomorrow?" ... "No, this is a 1 day only event, sorry." ... "Oh... Will you be here next <random day of the week>?"
    "I think I'm in love." (whilst staring at the cat girl in my banner and rubbing his kilt against my table)
    "Aaaaaaaghhhh" (fellow artists running up and down the aisles with underwear on their heads)

And my favourite conversation ever:
    Cosplayer: You don't recognise me do you?
    Me: I'm really sorry but you're in full zombie makeup etc.
    Cosplayer: I was in this cosplay last time we met.
    Me: (nigh panic level) I'm really, really sorry...
    Cosplayer: We were talking about Urotsukidoji, and the male demon with the 36 w**gs.
    Me: (dawning memory) Oh yeah! (nudges table neighbours) Guys, it's the lass we were talking to last year about the animé demon with the...

Yeah... because we're the classy part of the artist alley.