Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Tiido
    I have one friend who makes yiff jokes about it... it seems he has come to a conclusion the whole furry thing is about sex lol. At least there's no hate haha.

Couple other non-furry friends who know about it are somewhat fascinated about it and couple more just accept it and all is good.

Most ofther people I have not told anything about it, there's just so much hate and misconceptions. Sometimes a conversation flows into the furry topic and it tends to be nothing beyond kinky animal sex... yeah, not going to continue the topic with the person lol.

Is a secret for everyone I know. I sincerely donīt think is worth to mention it since Iīm barely in this as a hobby so... anyways, I donīt know anyone that is familiar to the term so isnīt even remotely mentioned.

Most of my friends don't know, and those that do know don't care. I'm pretty sure some of the ones I've told have forgotten by now because it never really comes up. I think the only time it's ever a thing is when I either want to show off some writing or a commission I have done.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I don't have any friends! OHGOD

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    They think it's cool. Some of them even decided to make fursonas themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.

Weasyl
    Abbi_Normal
    My boyfriend knows, and thinks it's a cool hobby to have, likes my art, etc. It would be more or less impossible not to know for him, since we live together, and I'd have to, like, lock myself int he bedroom half the day to draw and sew if I was gonna hide it, ha. I'm not sure out roommate has guessed yet, since I usually refer to furmeets among non-furry friends as just being a local artists group, which isn't really even not true. One or two friends of mine that I spend the most time with know because they drop by and I'm art-ing it up, and they're like, "Wazzat?" and I'm like, "She's a hyena" (I was drawing the pic I use as my avatar), and they're like, "Cool, cool. When you finish working on her arm there, can we watch this movie I brought?" and I'm like, "Sure". It doesn't have to be more complicated than that. And I find that calling things something other than furries will throw off a lot of non-furries. I can be blatantly drawing a wolf or a hyena anthro, and with most people, as long as I call them a werewolf and a gnoll, most people will take it as modern/urban fantasy art. Which it is. Especially since I draw them alongside things like Beholders a fair bit. Or refer to the sock-based feetpaws I'm working on as slippers, and people just kinda go with it (especially since I've made myself actual slippers before).

I don't draw or suit or anything, I'm just a watcher. But I had a tumblr once where I reblogged tame stuff and my friends discovered it because I accidentally messaged someone with it. Two of them poked fun at me for it and it freaked me out so I never talked to them again. I'm so alone.

Only two of my friends know about it, one of whom is a furry himself (so he doesn't count). The other thinks the concept is a little bit odd but that's about all.

Weasyl
    Aakosir
    Well... my one friend is a furry so it made no difference to her. I didn't know she was a furry for a while though. I was pleasantly surprised. Another, used-to-be-friend, was talking about the Strange Addictions episode and called her a "furer" so of course I had to correct and inform her. She didn't really seem to care, but that wasn't the best friendship so I honestly didn't care what her reaction was.

Weasyl
    therainbowtroll
    My friends honestly dont care.

When they do make fun of me all I say is

"Yiff Yiff Whats the Tiff?"
    Last edited by therainbowtroll; 03-31-2014 at 01:25 PM.