Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    I have yet to get fucked up enough to tell anybody except Paul, but that's cuz Paul's more screwed up in the head than I am. On a positive note, he thinks my fursona is cute <3
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #92
    Weasyl
    NovaCaine
    Thankfully none of my friends care haha
    one of my good friends introduced me to the fandom when were both 15. She since has left the fandom and I obviously stayed
    Because of this a few of my other friends know about it and don't seem to care.
    Heck, even my family knows and doesn't care (Great full <3)
    I have a secret.​
    A dark, furry secret with big teeth.​
    Less a secret, really - more a wolf.

My friends are all either furries themselves, or completely down to earth and cool with it as I don't make a big deal about it. I have surprisingly decent friends actually come to think of it

I have not consider to say in such a way that it was different than the other things I enjoy (knit, cosplay, steampunk for naming some). Much of my family is aware I draw "creatures an monsters" and make "cool costumes" I think if of any person my father would be disgruntled as he is not around to know exactly. He prefer I do things most peoples my age do like go to club an parties (he was shocked to know I enjoy knitting an purchase a sewing machine so I assume his response would be same to that).
    As for my friends two, one has hobbies similar to drawing animals (tho we rarely hang out les' she want things) an the other has no difference to it. Even my dentist, some professors an people of library enjoy seeing picture/photos the monsters I make.

Overall no one I have met (spare for possibility of my Father) cares an sees it as just another thing I do, yes as a large things I do as I draw and make often but nothing to deem different. I guess is interesting as also they know what what the furfandom is (having see the CSI episodes an 1000 ways to die and now the MFF news incident) but see them as not me if that makes sense.

Weasyl
    N/A
    My coworkers don't give a shit. There's playful jabs and that's about it. I don't really go out of my way to tell people because it's not necessary. They know i like everything wolf related and am a nerd (though compared to them, I'm mundane)
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Nillou
    Oh man, only two of my IRL friends know and that's because they're also furries 8'))

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    I do not talk about the furfandom in real life. I personally do not consider it a subject worthy enough to be brought up, especially to persons who have no correlation or knowledge of it.

Not to mention that a lot of people around here are entirely alien to this concept of "furry". Talking to them about the furfandom would be tantamount to a Mormon preaching Christianity to an Ancient Egyptian.

Weasyl
    mrindigo
    I don't really hide the fact that I'm a furry but I also don't go out of my way to mention it or talk about it unless initiated by someone else (unless it's social media or what have you). Most people I meet probably are completely unaware there's a whole subculture of this stuff, anyway.

Weasyl
    Levi
    I don't typically consider it worth bringing up.

My closest friends are furries, because we found each other in the fandom, so they know of course. Outside, sure, if friends ask me why I like animal people then I'll tell them. Family knows, and my old church knows.

Really, it's not usually relevant.
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

Weasyl
    Hewge
    What friends?