Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    Supposedly the US episodes are shown in America on the same day/night. I've no idea what channel it's on however they've done it pretty much all the way through the Matt Smith episodes. On the plus it's kept the BBC America and BBC UK exclusives pretty much in sync throughout each season
    That's correct. It definitely beats before, when we had to either pirate or wait weeks to see it on SciFi/Syfy.
    Icon by Lingrimm.

I see some talk in here about great episodes that showcase the series, but there's an episode I consider very important that I haven't seen listed:

The Girl in the Fireplace

I think it wraps up all the magic, comedy, and majesty of Dr. Who in a neatly messy bundle.
    And for things to talk about in Classic Who:

City of Death

What starts as a simple art heist and scam steamrolls into full blown Douglas Adams mayhem including a visit to Greece, chickens turning into eggs, and humanity getting punched into existence by someone who, unfortunately, didn't become a permanent companion...

And on the topic of favorite doctors, I'm a fan of Pertwee and his childish repertoire of pranks with The Master. though, that could change as I get into the later series. There isn't enough time in the year for Classic Who.

Weasyl
    MarcusStarkiller
    It's hard to believe that it's been almost two years since we lost Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith) and Nicholas Courtney (Brigadier Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart). Doctor Who won't be the same without them.

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    Supposedly the US episodes are shown in America on the same day/night. I've no idea what channel it's on however they've done it pretty much all the way through the Matt Smith episodes. On the plus it's kept the BBC America and BBC UK exclusives pretty much in sync throughout each season
    When Doctor Who airs in the UK they have it BBC One @ 7:00 PM (GMT+00)

20 Days to go! Excited much? :3

Weasyl
    Sparky15756
    I've got Formula One to start with, so I'm good

Yesssss, oh my yes. TV (at least in the US) is boring as hell most of the of year, so with both DW and Game of Thrones returning at the end of March (and Defiance premiering in April), I'll be freaking elated 8V

On that note, still not sure about the newest companion, but I'm sure she'll manage to grow on me, like the others.
    Icon by Lingrimm.

Weasyl
    Wachhund
    I love Dr Who.
    But Im waiting for new episodes on FOX ^^'

I started with John Pertwee, thought I'd have to say my favourite old school Doctor is Sylvester McCoy. Definitely looking forward to the new season.

I just recently started watching and I'm only partway through Ten's first season and the whole forced relationship with Ten/Rose is really getting old. I kind of can't wait until she leaves. I like he well enough as a character on her own and I can buy her falling in love with the Doctor, but I can't buy the Doctor reciprocating the feelings. I hear I'm in a minority with that, however.

I loved Nine, though. So very much and I'm sad he only had one season, he was so snarky and great.
    drawing and graphicsblackacres pipedreams furaffinity deviantart
    roleplay and writingraggedbreath charahub insanejournal

avatar by loadedpistol of furaffinity