Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Doctor Who

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Judicant

Doctor Who

As we sit here, the day of the airing of the next season of Doctor Who, it only seems apt to make a thread about it.

Whether you're an old fart who's seen the original series and Doctors, you got aboard when the series was revived with that Christopher bloke, or you just like Matt Smith's hair: I welcome you all!

First of all, be mindful that everyone may not be current with where the series is currently. If you mention something that could be a spoiler, please put it in [spoiler] tags (that one is safe though).

OK, first off I'll admit I fall into the category of the old farts. Tom Baker is, and will always be, my favorite Doctor. If you ever want to laugh at old Sci-Fi cheesiness, and want to experience some of that Doctor, check out 'The Pirate Planet' (I believe it's on netflix even). I don't expect others to love it as I do, but I'll deal with it. :v

I think it's not the most popular choice at the moment, but of the new series the Tennant Doctor and Donna were my favorite pairing.

SO HOW ABOUT YOU NERDS?

Been a huge fan of doctor who since about 2010. Caught up ten and eleven, want to catch up on nine.

Only having seen bits and pieces of the older doctors, I have to say the fifth and fourth are my favorite oldies.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Fayv
    I loooved Doctor/Donna as a doctor companion pair. It made for good writing. Especially since I wasn't going "just kiss her dammit" every three seconds.

Weasyl
    zenia
    I didn't know when the release day was. It is today? OMG YAAAAAY!!!!

Weasyl
    Term
    Totally missed that it was on, but knowing my viewing habits I'll end up waiting for all the episodes to make it to Netflix so I can watch them all.

Weasyl
    zenia
    I saw the new episode yesterday. I enjoyed it...

But was there a special I missed or something that has the Doctor coming back from hiding and letting Amy and Rory know he wasn't really dead? They didn't seem surprised at all to see him alive. And boy oh boy were those chains holding the Daleks back weak. Probably from age, but they didn't have any resistance at all. If they were that weak, wouldn't the weight of them have made them fall off on their own?

Weasyl
    oly
    I just watched the last episode of season six today actually.

I heard it was confirmed 11 will be regenerating at the end of season 7? I don't know if that was just a rumor or not though... heard it on Tumblr so yeah that's how credible that is. Also I hope the rumor that Benedict Cumberbatch will be playing the Master is true because whaehgrhrgh;akneveojefih the Master with THAT VOICE.

One episode that is at once a favorite and least favorite is Midnight. Great episode, brilliant episode. Such a feeling of dread I get from it... and damnit I hate almost all the people on that damn transport/shuttle/bus thingy.

Weasyl
    zenia
    I think my favorite episode was Blink. It was the first one I ever saw and it was so engaging that I continued watching. Plus, I love David Tennant. Then I went back to watch the 9th doctor as well. I have seen all of the episodes of the three newest Doctors, but have yet to see any of the old episodes.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Doctor Who is possibly the greatest comedy ever written. I turned on the tv a few days ago and saw some crazy stuff about a giant space wasp and Agatha Christie. Turned out it was all on Netflix, so I stopped stalling and started watching. It is all kinds of good.

Also I'm in love with David Tennant maybe.