Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Weasyl
    MLR
    I've been a big TMNT fan since a very young age, and I still am to some degree, but I've never watched a good Michael Bay movie. So I have no reason to expect this will be any different than his usual obnoxious bullshit. The fact that this trailer starts with a goddamned building falling apart already tells me that this will have very little if not nothing to set it apart from any of his other garbage.

So only if by some miracle people give this good reviews will I consider watching it, TMNT or no. I just don't want to give my money to help support his particular brand of film-making. Call me a snob or whatever, but I need a little more than explosions and juvenile boob-and-dick humor to carry me through a whole movie.

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank LeRenard View Post
    I've been a big TMNT fan since a very young age, and I still am to some degree, but I've never watched a good Michael Bay movie. So I have no reason to expect this will be any different than his usual obnoxious bullshit. The fact that this trailer starts with a goddamned building falling apart already tells me that this will have very little if not nothing to set it apart from any of his other garbage.

So only if by some miracle people give this good reviews will I consider watching it, TMNT or no. I just don't want to give my money to help support his particular brand of film-making. Call me a snob or whatever, but I need a little more than explosions and juvenile boob-and-dick humor to carry me through a whole movie.
    It's funny you mention that. I read somewhere that the "big blockbuster mega trillions" move trend is actually constructing it's own downfall. These movies are just getting too big to sustain themselves. That, and CGI dates itself terribly. I mean, look at Avatar. It came out in 2009, right? already it looks dated and kinda silly.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Isn't Bay directing it though? Yeeah I won't hold my breath.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Omg that looks terrible.
    Glad I'm an OG Turtles fan, those faces are what nighmares are made of.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    One of my friends thinks the trailer looks awful. I'm going to wait and see myself. I don't think it looks bad or good. I'll watch the movie when it comes out and see what I think then.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Last edited by QT Melon; 03-27-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    There's some funny parallels with Avatar the Last Airbender and TMNT...

Most of Bay movies are that type of entertainment that you will enjoy the first time you see it but it won´t leave a mark or a need for you to see it again *insert comparison here*. In other words, forgettable. I enjoyed Transformers 1 thought.

The problem for me is the designs. Those turtles really look like Shrek´s long lost brothers to me (Thanks QTMelon)

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I actually don't mind them having nose holes, it means they can breathe. The lips don't quite work even though the turtles...well have teeth.