Weasyl
    Zeta-Neubourn

Forum Suggestion: Forum for Contests?

Heyo! Just a little suggestion/question.

I was wondering... is there a place to advertise contests on here? I was looking around on here and I don't see one, seeing as I've just opened one up, but I didn't wanna just post anywhere and break forum rules. I think it'd be a neat idea to have a place where people can post their own contests. Is it self-advertisement? Maaaaybe, but I think it'd be a great way to gather contestants for contest holders and be a neat place for people to look for contests to test their skills in, without spamming the rest of the forums.

Thoughts? Just suggesting!

Weasyl
    Zeta-Neubourn
    Good comments all around guys! Glad we had this discussion. Woo!

Ehhhh, I guess no one cares. :B Ah well, at least deviantART has a place for it. I figured it'd be cool if this place did, too, is all. That's fine, though!

...Aw heck, how do you close a thread on here again? :U Or can you? There's a suggestion I should make sometime, if there isn't a way.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    As far as I know, it's something that has been brought up before due to some threads that have popped up in the Requests/Trades subforum. I think most people just do it through journals, though. It's probably a thing of demand and would require extra rules, but that's just speculation on my part, Taw directs the forums. I'll mention it again, at least.

As for closing threads, you should be able to do it through editing the first post. If you can't find it and still want the thread closed, just confirm it with me.

Edit: Yeah, as I thought it's basically a demand thing. If demand rises, then we could certainly add the subforum.
    Last edited by Rory; 03-31-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Weasyl
    Zeta-Neubourn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    As far as I know, it's something that has been brought up before due to some threads that have popped up in the Requests/Trades subforum. I think most people just do it through journals, though. It's probably a thing of demand and would require extra rules, but that's just speculation on my part, Taw directs the forums. I'll mention it again, at least.

As for closing threads, you should be able to do it through editing the first post. If you can't find it and still want the thread closed, just confirm it with me.

Edit: Yeah, as I thought it's basically a demand thing. If demand rises, then we could certainly add the subforum.
    Ohhhhh, my bad! I didn't realize it was suggested already. I did a search and I didn't get anything. Maybe I searched for the wrong thing. :U Sorry about that!

I was hoping to do it through the forums, seeing as very few people follow me on Weasyl and most of the ones that do follow me on dA anyways, so I figured it'd be easier to share if there was a forum for that is what I was getting at, I guess. Not just for me, but for anyone that's holding a contest. I did post a journal first, don't get me wrong, it's just... yeah. :B That's fine, though. I figured it was worth asking at least.

Err, I 'unno where the thread closing... thing... is. :U It's not a problem or anything. I was just gonna close it if no one was gonna say anything is all, I guess. I 'unno! Either way.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5

Weasyl
    Fiz
    I don't really have anything to add about the main topic, but regarding thread closing, I don't think regular users can close their own threads, but premium and staff can.