Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weasyl
    systematicweasel
    Hiya!

Name’s Weasel and I pretty much manage, run, operate, the whole of Weasel Press. I’ve been going over the responses of this forum and figured I’d do a small response to help clear up some questions.

Weasel Press is a brand new publisher. We just opened up at the beginning of the year and we’ve been slowly maneuvering and building things up as we go along. Our first release was and still is a magazine called Vagabonds: Anthology of the Mad Ones. We’ve got three issues out thus far and will be releasing the fourth one soon. After a year or so of working on Vagabonds we partnered with Mind Steady Productions for their magazine Open Mind, featuring several artists and dreamers. We’ve got a new horror and science fiction magazine released now called The Haunted Traveler and we couldn’t be more excited to bring it in to the Press.

Weasel Press has sort of a Beat Generation Mentality when it comes down to it. We admire authors such as Allen Ginsberg, William S. Borroughs, Jack Kerouac, etc. We look for gritty, raw material. Material that is existential and gives us a deeper (and sometimes disgusting) look into the current Human Condition.

We look at Novels, Novellas, Complete Poetry Books, Poetry Chapbooks, and much more.

If interested in publication, please feel free to shoot us an email at systmaticwzl@gmail.com Your email should include a bit about yourself, intro of sorts. We’d like to get to know our authors a bit before bringing them on board. Tell us about the project you’re working on and your goals for it. Everyone’s a dreamer, and I’m interested in that. If you’d like to include a sample, please feel free to attach it to the email. If we’re interested we’ll email you to let you know and to ask for a full manuscript. If we’re not or if we’re hesitant you’ll receive an email as to why we’re hesitant. We like to keep things friendly and simple. We also try to have an official call for submissions, but you’re welcome to submit your query any time.
    If you have a Poetry Manuscript you’d like us to review, the process is simply the same. Please email us at the email listed above with your name and bio information. Just a small intro is fine. Let us know the work you are sending, title of the manuscript and the focus of it. If it’s a chapbook please inform us. If you are unsure if your poetry manuscript would fall under the chapbook for full poetry book category you can read more information at Writer’s Digest (a nifty little site for writers) http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-...oetry-chapbook
    In your intro if you’d like to submit a few poems we’d welcome that (A mixture of Prose and Poetry is also welcome).

I know there’s a few questions regarding the Weasel Press After Dark area. What exactly are we accepting for Weasel Press After Dark? Well, although we do look at all types of writing for this specific area we prefer Horror stories that have a genuine amount of creepiness. We love B-Material, cheesy material, Blood and gore the works. Please do not simply send us torture material, we do ask that the blood and gore have a purpose for the story. We also ask that you do not sent us any Horror-Romance novels (twilight material). The monsters need to remain monsters.

We love philosophical science fiction. We take our inspiration from authors like Douglas Adams, Arthur C. Clarke, George Orwell, etc. Essentially sci-fi with a purpose. To get a better feel of what all we enjoy when reading please take a look at our horror anthology: The Haunted Traveler. It’s a solid collection, the stories in there match exactly the standards that Weasel Press has set out.

(Pro Tip: To get a better understanding of the publishing world, the author does have to research the material that the publisher has released in the past to see if they would be a good fit.)

Royalties: These are to be negotiated between the publisher and the author. The publisher will do their best to ensure a fair deal.

Rights: Upon publication we would like to maintain rights for at least a year. This means that the work in question cannot be sent to any other publisher during that one year period. However, if the author chooses to publish an excerpt in like a Literary Magazine, blog, etc, we will not restrict that. We just ask that the work as a whole be with Weasel Press for that period of time. If the author would like to stay with us after that year, the contract can be renewed.

Have your work on kindle? We distribute through Ingram Source. Although we typically don’t have a problem with Kindle books, Ingram may or may not choose to distribute the work based on the release of the Kindle Ebook.

So, interested in publication? Feel free to drop us a line. We’d love to hear from you.

http://tmnt802.wix.com/weaselpress

http://www.vagabondsink.com/

http://systmaticwzl.wix.com/hauntedtraveler

-Weasel
    systmaticwzl@gmail.com

Hello,

This opportunity is of interest to me. I focus my attention on anthropomorphic fiction with erotica involved. The characters lean towards the more human-like form, and the plot line doesn't focus itself of the erotica, but rather the development of the characters. If you do decide that you like my writing and that you would like to publish it, I will edit small parts you believe need some polishing. You'd have my permission to publish it without paying me a commission of sales too. All I ask for is that my real name isn't associated with the writing.

Wolf Babysitters Have Sexual Urges - https://www.weasyl.com/submission/59...e-sexual-urges

I Had a Nightmare | Please Kiss and Cuddle Me - https://www.weasyl.com/submission/58...-and-cuddle-me
    I Had a Nightmare | Please Kiss and Cuddle Me 2 - https://www.weasyl.com/submission/58...nd-cuddle-me-2

If you'd like to see proof of their success, I uploaded them to deviantART (http://lolipop1997.deviantart.com/) and earned hundreds of views and favorites. The second part of I Had a Nightmare | Please Kiss and Cuddle Me was sadly removed my dA. If you're wondering why I'm re-uploading to Weasyl, it's because I find the community here more oriented towards anthropomorphic art.

I may not have anything of intretst right now when it comes to publishing, but sometime soon I hope so!
    Last edited by TheMysteriousL; 05-04-2014 at 08:46 PM.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Oh----I guess I do have a book finished.
    How about I go ahead and link you to that. Does online publication impede? (ie, North American First Publishing right or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteCaliente View Post
    Oh----I guess I do have a book finished.
    How about I go ahead and link you to that. Does online publication impede? (ie, North American First Publishing right or whatever).
    Yeah, it does, unfortunately. In theory though, you could take it offline if you ever wanted to submit it to other agents/publishers, and you should be fine. I don't know about systematicwzl's company, but going by the OP's post, they might be pretty flexible in that aspect. OP?
    Last edited by Nattles; 05-13-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Weasyl
    systematicweasel
    As long as you own the rights to your work (meaning you haven't gotten it published at another press and they own the contract to it) We can take a look at it. Most publishers are rather strict about online posting and self-publishing but I'm not much of a strict person when it comes down to it. Just be the original owner of the work.

For everyone who has emailed me, I'm going through all emails right now. I've responded to most so far, just a little slow going at the moment!