Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Tybalt

Do you have something that you would like published?

I'm currently representing a publication company known as Weasel Press

Part of what I'm doing while I help them out is I'm finding new talent to be published

to copy paste from the WIP website:
    "Weasel Press has sort of a Beat Generation mentality when it comes down to it. When reviewing submissions to be accepted, we’re looking for works that show explicit portrayals of the human condition. We love to be immersed! At this time we are only accepting Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction, Poetry and Scriptwriting/Playwrights."

Right now we're looking for works that explore characters, your character studies and psychological fiction, although we accept any format (fic, nonfic, script, poetry) as long as it has a theme of exploring human nature

I've been looking through weasyl submissions for good writing but we're not finding a lot of what we'd like (mostly weasyl seems to be getting fanfic and fetish pieces?) so I thought it might be nice to ask for work on the forums

If you have any interest in getting published and you feel like you can jive with the sort of "beat generation" existential flavour we're going for, link a page or two in this thread and I'll give you feedback and/or ask for your complete manuscript to send to my boss
    Last edited by Tybby; 04-12-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    Are you serious? I don't write fetish or sex stuff. I do write Sci-fi and Fantasy. Tell me more about this publication does it pay? who retains the rights? I have a bunch of stories out there and some books on Kindle so I would like more information before I commit to any new projects. If you want an example of my work then check out the Tales of the all Father.. on my FA Doggywolf67.
    It is only a couple of chapters from one of my books. I do have a tendency write long stories though so if what you want are short stories I am probably not the author your looking for.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarl View Post
    Are you serious?
    Darling I hope you know I've never told a lie in my life~

I don't write fetish or sex stuff. I do write Sci-fi and Fantasy.
    We accept sci-fi through "Weasel Press After Dark", which will be a much smaller affair than just "Weasel Press".
    If you have short stories you'd like to publish on their own we do a biannual anthology known as "The Haunted Traveler" as a way to give newer writer's a platform to voice themselves. Given that you seem more interested in longer works, we can discuss a chapter book being published through this name

Tell me more about this publication does it pay?
    You will receive royalties for your work published through us, to be negotiated with my boss~

who retains the rights?
    From my experience, your contract can be terminated at any time. He was comfortable with me having my work published and freely available through Lulu as well as himself, so as I understand it I still have the full rights to do what I would like with my work

I will however ask him next I see him to make sure this is true and get back to you <3

I have a bunch of stories out there and some books on Kindle so
    I would like more information before I commit to any new projects.
    We have a few advantages over Amazon publishing:
    - Since you're self published, you're currently fighting the "just another vanity press author" image. Publishing under our name tells your readers that ~other people~, whose job it is to find works that people will like, have gone over your work and deemed them worthy of your customer's time
    - Weasel Press will handle distribution, and that includes bookstores
    - Weasel Press will handle promotion, attending book events and the like

If you want an example of my work then check out the Tales of the all Father.. on my FA Doggywolf67.
    It is only a couple of chapters from one of my books. I do have a tendency write long stories though so if what you want are short stories I am probably not the author your looking for.
    Long works are completely fine <3
    If you don't mind though, could you e-mail me the first chapter? I'll send you my e-mail in a note (Promise not to show anyone!)

If you'd like any more information you might be able to find it on our website:
    http://tmnt802.wix.com/weaselpress

Just keep in mind we haven't got a logo or a cohesive design at all, haha, we were going to worry about other people seeing it once we bought the domain and such

And also: forget the "reading fee", you'll be working through me so it doesn't apply ;3

I'll be waiting impatiently for what you have to show me <3

Weasyl
    Antronach
    I know this reply might be a bit dated, but this looks like something I might be interested in. I'm in the middle to writing a book (my nanowrimo from last year lol) and so far am on the second draft of the second chapter. Would it be okay to send you my first chapter atm to see if you guys would be interested in it? It's fantasy/fiction and mainly deals the generic "person ends up in a fantasy world" plot and has to do with self identity, self worth, coping with loss and adapting to a forgein world, so there's lots of mindfcuking going on. Would it be up your alley?

And on a side note, do you need help designing your website?

Weasyl
    DragonMasterX
    I have a story series called Codename: Stinger that I regularly update with episodes every so often. It's fantasy/sci-fi, and deals with the heroine, Stinger, who used to be an interpol cop and ends up transformed into a half-scorpion metamorph. The series focuses on Stinger dealing with her new appearance and powers and her reaction when bad people start getting transformed into metamorphs, and also allies. There's a big amount of humanity poured into every major character of the series: heroes, villains and supporting casts, with some of them getting their own origin stories on separate reads.

I have to classify the series Mature as a whole because there's explicit sex in it and adult themes, even if most of the time it's playful fiction that attempts to mimic comic-book science and execution.

https://www.weasyl.com/submissions?u...folderid=31474

This is the folder with all of the Codename: Stinger stories as of today. I'm not sure if it'll interest you, but I'd like Stinger to be a bit more well known. I'm deeply influenced by Marvel's Spider-man, so you'll see a few references here and there. The content, however, is original and all ideated by myself unless specified otherwise.
    Check out my action-comedy series, The Stinger!

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    While we work on other projects, our Weasel After Dark section will be on hiatus until we get all our ducks in a row with our currently selected authors

So for now we can't accept any horror/scifi, sorry :c

Quote Originally Posted by Antronach View Post
    And on a side note, do you need help designing your website?
    This however could be arranged. Could you show us any work you've previously done, and your rates?

Weasyl
    DragonMasterX
    You're under the impression Codename: Stinger is exclusively horror/sci-fi, is that correct? It's oriented to be a comic-book-like super-hero themed series in fact. While one episode contains explicit content bordering on horror, I wouldn't categorize the whole as horror.

If you aren't under that impression, it must mean that Weasel After Dark doesn't just take a hybrid of horror/sci-fi, but horror OR sci-fi on their own as well. Does this mean any series/short stories that fall under the sci-fi category are, then, rejected for the time being?

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonMasterX View Post
    If you aren't under that impression, it must mean that Weasel After Dark doesn't just take a hybrid of horror/sci-fi, but horror OR sci-fi on their own as well. Does this mean any series/short stories that fall under the sci-fi category are, then, rejected for the time being?
    Mostly for Weasel AD we're accepting Sci-fi OR Horror for a yearly anthology

Weasyl
    DragonMasterX
    Very well. x:

Weasyl
    RedLeFrench
    If there were two of me, I would've made sure to translate my story quickly... Buuut just writing the thing in its original language is such a timehole, so... Sorry, you'll have to wait at least next year.
    This link might contain cookies. Spoilers : it does not, it's just a trap link towards something I write. Sorry...