Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Aden View Post
    I think this is a case of Zuck trying to buy up interesting companies before the core of Facebook stagnates. Which it will.
    That's one of the real kicker about this; Most of the purchase was made with pretend money.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    My husband works in Irvine, its like 15 mins away from my house.
    Want me to put a flaming bag of dog shit on their doorstep?
    That'd be lovely.
    Last edited by Rilvor; 03-26-2014 at 02:14 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    This is saddening, I was just starting to see the potential in this technology. I had something more insightful to type up too but dammit it's too early in the morning and this tech may as well be dead to me. Zuck can suck it.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I had a feeling that the VR nightmare in the .Hack series all started because of facebook.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Zuckerberg called out virtual reality as one of the computing platforms of the future -- following desktops and mobile -- and yes, talked about building Facebook's advertising into it. Specifically, he talked about the potential of a virtual communication network, buying virtual goods, and down the line, advertising.
    well ... there went any potential it had :c

I wanted to play vidya geams, not talk to my neighbors while shopping.

I think it's pretty disgusting they went for kickstarter, raised tons of money, and then sold it to Facebook, which will probably fuck the project up.
    Backers who wanted an indie company to develop and have a chance to get big must be furious, I would be.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I think it's pretty disgusting they went for kickstarter, raised tons of money, and then sold it to Facebook, which will probably fuck the project up.
    Backers who wanted an indie company to develop and have a chance to get big must be furious, I would be.
    That's what I'm thinking. Backers are by definition investors - Were they consulted? If I were a backer, I'd be asking for my cut of the $2 billion.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Thinking about it, I don't know if it matters, once someone made the breakthrough on VR, other companies will come up and probably improve on what the Rift started.

I don't know if all the backers on Kickstarter are pissed, because it would be casting a broad brush on who donated. There's also the issue that Kickstarters aren't very well planned investments so it's very possible they needed a bigger revenue flow in order to fulfill the goals.

I'm not happy about it but a lot of people think that Kickstarters are the end all. I've seen too many end up with more debt and problems due to not accounting for expenses.

Weasyl
    Monster Tamer Billy
    Pah, that thing's too good for what Zuckerberg wants to use it for! Let's jailbreak it! Make it the R4 of this era!