Thread: GIMP Questions

Weasyl
    Art Vulpine

GIMP Questions

Hello all.

I currently use GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) as my art program. Although I'm familiar with many of the tools over the past two years of using it, I have a few questions.

1) How do you adjust the brush size? My brush strokes are all the same size which is a problem for those areas that require finer lines (Like hair, texturing, background details, etc.)

2) Is there a way to adjust the brush to make it pressure sensitive? (I know Photoshop has this, but I'm not sure about GIMP)

3) Can anyone tell me how to do layer masking? I was told this would help taking a layer for coloring the Flats portion of an art and making it easier to render it (like shading, effects, etc.)

I'm sure I'll have more questions about GIMP in the future, but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Thanks for your help!
    DeviantArt FurAffinity

Imagination is the Source of Creativity!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    1. Just like Photoshop you can use the Bracket keys to change the brush size [ ]
    2. http://askubuntu.com/questions/48771...line-thickness
    3. http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Layer_Masks/

Weasyl
    Art Vulpine
    Thanks.

Strangely GIMP is having issues with recognizing my tablet as its primary drawing method. I might have to just reload it again to fix it.
    DeviantArt FurAffinity

Weasyl
    Art Vulpine
    Ah, that's what i was doing wrong. i used the mouse to try and select the option for the Wacom pad rather than the stylus itself. Well that's fixed now.

Thanks again!
    DeviantArt FurAffinity