Site text stuck in Italics

For the past two or so months, Weasyl's text format has changed for me. Nearly everything is in italics and I can't figure out why. I saw a thread devoted to this problem, but there was no concrete solution and reinstalling my browser did nothing to fix it, plus the thread was closed.

I've tried browsing Weasyl on IE and the site format is just fine.

I've tried logging out to see if it was a problem with my account, and the formatting stays the same.

Every comment, every journal, and just about every piece of site text is slanted in that italicized fashion that drives me insane. I'd offer to link a screenshot to show everyone an example, but apparently I'm not allowed to link images or use weblinks?

Is this a javascript error of some kind? Do I need to purge something from my Chrome browser? I really don't get why this suddenly popped up, or if I did a combination of keystrokes that made everything italicized for only this site. Other websites are just fine, including the forums here. I'm just at a complete and frustrated loss.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Taw
    One solution you can try is to browse to your Windows font folder, which you can find if you type "fonts" into the start menu search (It should be under Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Fonts). Open up arial.ttf and preview it and then close it (also do this for Lucida Sans and Roboto if you got 'em in there), and then restart Chrome. Apparently this fix works for some users. Other than that, I wouldn't know

Thanks for the reply!

Sadly this did not fix the issue for me, though it is worth noting that I don't have the Roboto font.

Thank you for the help!

Sadly it did not. I tried reinstalling the Arial font and even downloaded the Museo 500 font that Weasyl apparently likes to use, but with no success. It's just this website and it just seems to be with Chrome. Very very frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a web-developer and I've only had one class in HTML, but I'm curious about this particular section of the webpage and css:

#page-container, textarea, .typeface-default, button, select {
    font-family: 'Lucida Sans', 'Lucida Grande', Arial, 'Roboto', sans-serif;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-size: 0.75rem;
    line-height: 1.5;
    }

This section seems to control all the standardized text on the website, right? And that's the text that's always in italics for me. I don't have the Lucida Grande font or Roboto font or sans-serif. Are these critical for the website? Why was it working fine a few months back and now it's suddenly gone wrong?

Weasyl
    RaSwanky
    From what I've been reading, Chrome does that to A LOT of people
    https://productforums.google.com/for...me/WUpTPI55pkI

What operating system are you on??
    Last edited by RaSwanky; 03-25-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I have that same problem happen on Windows 98SE and Windows ME, but only when I have not installed Fonts update from unofficial Service Packs for those OSes. Once the font update is in the text is all good.

- - - Updated - - -

I have that same problem happen on Windows 98SE and Windows ME, but only when I have not installed Fonts update from unofficial Service Packs for those OSes. Once the font update is in the text is all good.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Weasyl
    charmander
    Last edited by charmander; 03-26-2014 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Le point of concept GIF

Quote Originally Posted by RaSwanky View Post
    From what I've been reading, Chrome does that to A LOT of people
    https://productforums.google.com/for...me/WUpTPI55pkI

What operating system are you on??
    Windows 7 x64 - Enterprise

Before I jump too far into the Inspect Element section, it is worth noting that I do not see the bright nifty text your screenshot shows, Charmander! Looks like everything is simply generalized on my side for the forum section.

As for the Chrome Developers Tool console, I did select a section of text and did the inspect element bit. I went right to the element.style { area and found that it's completely blank. There's nothing in there. No font-family, no font-size, etc etc. When I do put in the font-family: serif; under the element.style, it gets fixed. Fixed on that one section, but not the whole site.

Appreciate your help solving this frustrating mystery!

What I see:
    http://i.imgur.com/iIFDA7l.jpg

What Inspect Element sees when highlighting the text in journal:
    http://i.imgur.com/4U9YoNY.jpg
    Last edited by Renix; 03-26-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Visual links.