Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Weasyl
    Hewge
    What the heck? That's so creeper! And it even has some winky face on it!

A mirror thingo? Seriously?! Just stare at them with with your own eyes!

GOSH.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    You push people's boundaries because you want to push them, not because "She's wearing a skirt"
    I never said anything to the contrary.

This take precautions stuff is the whole reason, men get pissed off when women come off a bit more paranoid because we keep saying "perceive everything as a threat to your personal space".
    So what is your suggestion for women or people like me walking around at night on streets with no streetlights? Should I leave my knife at home? Should I just stay at home? Why or why not?

There's nothing about being optimistic, but stop making excuses for people who don't deserve one. The creepers want you to keep making excuses and putting in grey areas when there shouldn't be.
    I said the exact opposite of this, I'm sorry that you took it the wrong way.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    So what is your suggestion for women or people like me walking around at night on streets with no streetlights? Should I leave my knife at home? Should I just stay at home? Why or why not?
    What does that have to do with people taking upskirt and cleavage shots with a camera phone?

Please focus on the topic, not bring in weird analogies.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    What does that have to do with people taking upskirt and cleavage shots with a camera phone?

Please focus on the topic, not bring in weird analogies.
    Well the belief here is that having self-awareness and taking precautions against creepshots is considered "victim-blaming".
    I'm just curious as to what you think about me walking around at night and taking the precaution to carry personal protection. Would you suggest that I leave the knife at home because I'm victim-blaming? Would you suggest that I stay home instead because there's a chance I might get attacked? Or do you agree that taking precautions in a situation where assholes might take advantage of me is a logical thing to do?
    It's probably a pretty tricky thing to get an up-skirt photo unless the person is sitting in public, in a skirt, with their legs spread wide open. Would telling them that closing their legs while wearing a skirt be considered victim-blaming, because assholes would take advantage of that?
    It's common sense in my personal opinion that if you wear a low-cut shirt with your tits nearly hanging out, people are going to focus on that - does that make it okay or not-creepy? No, but why is it considered victim-blaming to give people a heads up?

Which brought me to my point about carrying personal protection while walking around in potentially hazardous areas :)

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Read Aleu's post previous to this.

To "take precautions" just because you're wearing a skirt is silly and honestly stupid. It's a skirt. It's not a car you leave unlocked or a dark alley or unsafe place. Again please focus on the topic, you're jumping around here with bizarre analogies that aren't the same.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    To "take precautions" just because you're wearing a skirt is silly and honestly stupid. It's a skirt. It's not a car you leave unlocked or a dark alley or unsafe place. Again please focus on the topic, you're jumping around here with bizarre analogies that aren't the same.
    I think the implication here is that girls who wear skirts are "asking for it" and thus should take special precautions because ????