Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    The main difference between Weasyl and Tumblr is that Yahoo is never going to buy out Weasyl, run it into the ground and inevitably shut it down the way they did GeoCities.
    Hey man, you never know. And I do have to admit I was a bit hasty in ranting about the product in question. I just get all riled up about nonconsensual violations of privacy. It's just like, look at the bigger picture here. You are being spied on 24/7 and you get all pissed off about some dude taking a picture of your titties? It's just like, that's small fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Newt View Post
    "Personal privacy"...? What's that?
    This is the 21st century. People will complain about their privacy being removed while announcing their location to the world where they are on foursquare.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Given that it's borderline illegal, I'm sure someone will shut it down. And if not..oh well.
    People are going to take creepshots whether they have a lens or not.

We might as well ban anyone from having a cell phone or camera too.
    This is very true. I think the most we can do is just be aware of who might be watching us or taking pictures of us.
    I know it's a "thing" for people to take pictures of hot people and post them online. Very weird.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    People making excuses for pushing other people's boundaries is really creepy. "Oh but the NSA does it" ...that's just sad.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    People making excuses for pushing other people's boundaries is really creepy. "Oh but the NSA does it" ...that's just sad.
    This....
    Seriously.

Just because the NSA does something shitty doesn't mean it gives you the right to take upskirt photos.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Please don't be serious...
    I was being sarcastic - I know it's a little hard to tell with text.

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    This....
    Seriously.

Just because the NSA does something shitty doesn't mean it gives you the right to take upskirt photos.
    I'm not FOR either. And I'm not excusing anything. You can be a little proactive in the real world and perhaps confront someone that takes creepy shots of you with their cell phone. Just have a little awareness.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I believe what is really proactive is not taking those kind of pictures in the first place.

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I believe what is really proactive is not taking those kind of pictures in the first place.
    You can't force change in another persons behavior or worldview or whatever. There are bad people in the world out there, I know it. And you CANNOT change people that don't want to be changed. The only thing you can do is protect yourself from them.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Then why are you asking the same?

People shouldn't be putting out these products and asking people to essentially view everyone as a potential predator out there only enforces more problems in society than working on changing them.

It may take time but the blame needs to stay with people who don't respect boundaries