Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    Women can protect themselves, yes. But that doesn't mean that we should ignore the people doing the actual crime. But this sort of crime right here, is something that's hard to protect against without becoming some paranoid being. You can't know when it's happening. Sure you can take precautions but that doesn't mean anything.

People take precautions against identity theft. But it still happens. Tsk-tsking someone who has the audacity to wear a skirt and, you know, not the person who is secretly taking pictures of their crotch is literally victim-blaming.
    Yeah, I suppose you put it pretty well there.

It just kinda gets my goat. I mean, I've been harassed(yes, sexually) by a female co worker and that went on for years. Who is trying to protect me? I never got that. I've just had to endure every abuse I've ever gotten. No one outside of my immediate family ever stuck up or stopped people from harming me. Heck, my other co workers told me I should be enjoying it. Know what? I didn't.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Did you at least report her?

And still, what gives you the right to say "well, some chick did this one thing to me one time so all these other chicks should know better". That's basically making everyone else suffer for a specific person's fault. Fault THAT PERSON.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    Did you at least report her?
    No, I didn't. I was much younger then and a whole lot less "assertive" I suppose you could call it.

And still, what gives you the right to say "well, some chick did this one thing to me one time so all these other chicks should know better". That's basically making everyone else suffer for a specific person's fault. Fault THAT PERSON.
    I GUESS. *hands in the air*
    Last edited by BrazenBull; 03-27-2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: formatting.

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    EDIT: LMFAO^
    You laffin at me?

Weasyl
    Runefox
    (I never asked a question for it to be loaded; allow me to do so now)

Quote Originally Posted by BrazenBull View Post
    A rapist isn't a rapist until he or she has raped. A murderer isn't a murderer until he or she has murdered.
    Wow. Okay, let's see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

If someone is holding a loaded gun to another person's head after threatening to kill them, does that mean that that person has done nothing wrong until they actually pull the trigger, and no one should bother intervening?

If a man has snuck into a girl's bedroom, his dick out and the sheets off, is he a victim of 'thoughtcrime' if he's interrupted before he touches her?

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    (I never asked a question for it to be loaded; allow me to do so now)

Wow. Okay, let's see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

If someone is holding a loaded gun to another person's head after threatening to kill them, does that mean that that person has done nothing wrong until they actually pull the trigger, and no one should bother intervening?

If a man has snuck into a girl's bedroom, his dick out and the sheets off, is he a victim of 'thoughtcrime' if he's interrupted before he touches her?
    No. He is guilty of assault and attempted murder. And the person with his dick out is guilty of sexual assault and lewd conduct with a minor. There are varying degrees to a crime someone commits.

It's not "murder" and it's not "rape", doesn't make it right or excusable.

Weasyl
    Saga
    It's not that discreet... It wont move by itself, so you'll need to rotate accordingly and shift yourself around to get the right angle, plus it's right there for everyone to see so it would likely be a uselss tool anyways. Taking pictures the normal way would be easier and probably produce better images.
    Even if it did hit the market, it would be a bit taboo to have and most people wouldnt stick that to their phones for the sake of not being questioned by their friends and such.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I know this is going way off topic but the premise is that the person is crowdfunding for a camera that takes pictures of people without their permission and many of them are actual sexual harassment crimes.

You could have left well enough alone, but brought something as stupid as comparing the NSA to this. The point is, this isn't acceptable, don't bring in lousy comparisons and say how minor it is compared to X doing this. It's not appreciated.

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Alright. I'm done.

Just so you know, I don't support this device in the first place either.

Well, this discussion got really interesting. In all seriousness, it should be shutted down (after making some thought about it) just because the producer/seller/inventor/whatever made an inviting propaganda for creepers. I mean, this discussion about serial rapists and killers wouldīve never happened if the announcement didnīt targeted (or ever mentioned) this type of person in particular anyways. It should be taken down.

So this turns this into marketing with a really bad purpose. If this gets funded better carry some really strong pepper spray... or really green lemon spray.

Really wish this product wasnīt labeled for creepers already... oh well.