1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Judicant

A Breakdown of Our Finances!

Last edited by Judicant; 08-30-2012 at 12:18 PM.

that's awesome to hear about that! I hope things go well upon beta launch

Weasyl
    Demu
    Good good good! I love how open you guys are about progress and pretty much everything. Congratulations on your success!

Cheers!

Weasyl
    Tiger
    This thread is so comforting. I am so glad to know that the money will be well-spent and not abused. And it's wonderful to see how truly thought out this site is and your sheer dedication to your users. I'm totally going for a premium because for that price, it's worth it. Keep up the great work c:

How much does a given AWS node cost, anyhow? And how many users do you think a given node will support? Trying to get an idea of how much "funding per user" you'll need.

Weasyl
    GingerM
    At the risk of sounding like an utter idiot, I saw references in another thread to donations of $5 or $20.00? Or was that for supporting the forums? I'm really not very clear on how closely the forums and the main site are/will be coupled; my only experience of a similar thing is FurAffinity, where the forums seem almost a separate entity from the actual art site?

I see there's a donation button here which allows donations through PayPal; is that for the forums or the main site or both? Also, will PayPal be an available option for purchasing premium membership? Thank you.
    FA: GINGERM | RHIANNON ~ SOFURRY ~ FUTANARI PALACE ~ RENDEROTICA
    WEASYL ~ DEVIANTART ~ HENTAI FOUNDRY ~ WIKIFUR
    Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an utter idiot, I saw references in another thread to donations of $5 or $20.00? Or was that for supporting the forums? I'm really not very clear on how closely the forums and the main site are/will be coupled; my only experience of a similar thing is FurAffinity, where the forums seem almost a separate entity from the actual art site?

I see there's a donation button here which allows donations through PayPal; is that for the forums or the main site or both? Also, will PayPal be an available option for purchasing premium membership? Thank you.
    It's for both in a way. If you donate $5, you get an invite to the site once it launches. If you donate $20, you get premium membership on the site AND the forums.

I'm not 100% sure in reference to paypal being an option for premium membership purchase in the future. Right now that is how it works, but we're shopping around for CC processors and stuff. I'd imagine most CC processors allow paypal as an option but like I said, I can't say with 100% certainty that it will.