Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: fxscreamer's art thread

Weasyl
    fxscreamer
    Last edited by fxscreamer; 01-26-2015 at 02:11 AM.

Weasyl
    fxscreamer

Weasyl
    kynliod
    This turned out really good! Compared to the drawings you put in your OP, I'd say you have definitely improved. Awesome to look back at old stuff and see how far you've come, right? Love how this one turned out.

Weasyl
    fxscreamer
    Last edited by fxscreamer; 02-01-2015 at 01:28 AM.

Weasyl
    fxscreamer
    Last edited by fxscreamer; 02-10-2015 at 01:35 AM.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Okay I"m not an expert on drunkenness so take this with a grain of salt but
    I feel like you could exaggerate the expression even more. Like a dazed look with the mouth open and smiling greatly and the head tipped down a bit.
    But again. Never been drunk, never seen anyone drunk. (closest thing is that my friend texted me she went to get chicken wings at 1 am after drinking enough vodka)

Also, the bottom right: it looks almost like female proportions with the very hourglass shape -- not sure exactly how to fix it, but i think you could make the side a little flatter and less curved.
    I'd also put his left leg (our right) a little wider to give him more balance because right now he's leaning rightward.
    Okay last one -- the wrist shouldn't be so small and sharp. it's less of a perfect oval but more a cylinder that just runs into a hand. So, in this case, the wrist would become more flat and bleed into the thumb, while it finishes about where the top of the hand starts, which splays out a tiny bit before the arm ends.

... i hope this made sense... aha orz forgive me if not

It's still looking really cool though. You have a fairly unique style so far. I haven't seen anything like it, really... it's great! C:

Weasyl
    fxscreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Okay I"m not an expert on drunkenness so take this with a grain of salt but
    I feel like you could exaggerate the expression even more. Like a dazed look with the mouth open and smiling greatly and the head tipped down a bit.
    But again. Never been drunk, never seen anyone drunk. (closest thing is that my friend texted me she went to get chicken wings at 1 am after drinking enough vodka)

Also, the bottom right: it looks almost like female proportions with the very hourglass shape -- not sure exactly how to fix it, but i think you could make the side a little flatter and less curved.
    I'd also put his left leg (our right) a little wider to give him more balance because right now he's leaning rightward.
    Okay last one -- the wrist shouldn't be so small and sharp. it's less of a perfect oval but more a cylinder that just runs into a hand. So, in this case, the wrist would become more flat and bleed into the thumb, while it finishes about where the top of the hand starts, which splays out a tiny bit before the arm ends.

... i hope this made sense... aha orz forgive me if not

It's still looking really cool though. You have a fairly unique style so far. I haven't seen anything like it, really... it's great! C:
    All your points are certainly valid! With expressions, I'm all about pushing it further...and further as you're referring to. It's just getting there and depends on the context of the reaction that's happening. I'm also a fan of subtlety in emotion, which I see a lot of later Disney films do. It humanizes them quite a bit without making them zany after school cartoons.

As far as the body pose, I couldn't agree more. Notice how it also has the most scribbles and is the least finished. His shape is definitely more feminine than I'd prefer, and the arms are a bit different, but I was sort of slashing my pencil around finding shapes and experimenting with style. These are sketches after all. I do see what you mean by your observations though.

Thanks for the critique

Full big version is here for a little more detail: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...er-d8gmlxr.jpg
    Last edited by fxscreamer; 02-05-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Weasyl
    fxscreamer

Weasyl
    fxscreamer

Weasyl
    fxscreamer