Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: fxscreamer's art thread

Weasyl
    fxscreamer

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Yuss!! I like this :3 Although I personally would make it a different background, like a cityscape instead of that ambiguous... stuff. But that's just me. Take it or leave it :P

Weasyl
    fxscreamer

Weasyl
    fxscreamer

Weasyl
    N/A
    This is probably one of my most fav pieces from you (along with that nature-y type one xD), you always seem to nail the bg right on! I really like the girls body language, an you positioned her feet very well! The only part I notice off is the guys footing - I personally think it should be more back in perspective, and maybe have his head in a different facing as it is right now. I've noticed you do a lot of 3/4, many people do actually xD but to mix it up, it'll really help to not make it stale. Nonetheless, terrific work Fx!

Weasyl
    fxscreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    This is probably one of my most fav pieces from you (along with that nature-y type one xD), you always seem to nail the bg right on! I really like the girls body language, an you positioned her feet very well! The only part I notice off is the guys footing - I personally think it should be more back in perspective, and maybe have his head in a different facing as it is right now. I've noticed you do a lot of 3/4, many people do actually xD but to mix it up, it'll really help to not make it stale. Nonetheless, terrific work Fx!
    Thank you! I'm chuckling a bit because I was noticing the footing on the male figure (Enzo) as well halfway through the piece, so good eye. I tried to rig it a bit near the end, but polishing a mess up is tricky. I also did the background AFTER the figures rather than at the same time, trying to carefully keep the perspectives in check. I've done it on other pieces with greater success. Good advice on multi-view poses. Right now, I'm playing with up and down at 3/4, but good ol' side or back views could create some interesting pieces (I'm already flooded with ideas now). Thanks again!

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Ooooh!!! This is great! It's so pretty! c; I like it! The reflection of the lights on the ground look really pretty and cool c:
    The shadows on the faces look a little off to me, though... And also, personally, I think you went a little overboard with the number and placement of lights and the glow, or at least the intensity. I feel like it takes the focus a bit off the characters and is just... too much. It's distracting and I'm not entirely sure where to look because there's so much.
    But other than those two points, it looks really great! C: Man, I'm really jealous of your building drawing abilities xP

Weasyl
    fxscreamer

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    ... that looks absolutely magnificent. lmao xD
    Maybe you could make it look a little more dynamic, though? I would suggest trying to put Enzo (right? the reindeer kiddo) more leaning over the other (or at least a little more forward) and have more weight being pressed down and forward and closer to his neck or head. That would make it feel a little more realistically forceful. Having him leaning back makes it look lazy, like he's not actually trying. (If you're going for a more playful atmosphere, this might be okay; but I'm assuming you're not, based on the faces.)
    I am incredibly jealous of that reindeer costume

Weasyl
    fxscreamer