Vox (A voxel engine game)

Before anyone starts with the retarded HERP DERP MINECRAFT RIPOFF OVERDONE UNORIGINAL BLAHBLAH crap, this isn't a survival game and it differs from games like Minecraft quite a lot. (Also Minecraft is directly inspired by Infiniminer so take that fanboys.)

Anyway, I've been playing this since the pre-alpha release and I'm really enjoying it. If I could compare it to existing games, it seems to be a mix of LittleBigPlanet and 3D DOT Game Heroes which are my favorite PS3 games.
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/vox/downloads/vox-v01

Someone might make a Cube World comparison, but seeing as I've never played Cube World because the developer doesn't release a lot of information or material at once, I wouldn't be able to tell you - although I'm certain that Vox will have a much larger emphasis on user-created content.

It's only been a day and I've already made a fox. :3
    http://i.imgur.com/1DMXH.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/AJXuV.png

The current pre-alpha build (as of writing this) is 0.12 and it's free to download and play, although looking for exploits and keeping track of bugs to report to AlwaysGeeky would help him along with development, I'm sure.

Also, no, I'm not a sales rep, nor am I involved in this project at all. I found it on Greenlight and fell in love with it in an instant, now I'd like to spread it around as much as possible.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

This sounds like an interesting game. As someone who is unable to play both mentioned PS3 games due to not having the console and all that, this game may be just the thing. I also like the larger emphasis on user-created content; especially in terms of creating weapons.

I'll see if I'm able to play it after I post this message.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm unable to play it due to having a crappy graphics card for one of my computers I use to play games with. Even so, I still think it's neat.
    Last edited by Apollyon_Unit01; 09-09-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Weasyl
    oly
    oooh god this reminds me of another kinda similar game that I saw a demo reel/promo vid for, but i can't remember the name of it hnnnggg

but looks pretty neat, very similiar to 3D Dot Game Hero as you said. I might give it a spin later on.

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    The game looks really neat conceptually, but when I tried playing it seemed to run really slow and choppy. If it ever gets less clunky I'd be willing to give it a go for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon_Unit01 View Post
    This sounds like an interesting game. As someone who is unable to play both mentioned PS3 games due to not having the console and all that, this game may be just the thing. I also like the larger emphasis on user-created content; especially in terms of creating weapons.

I'll see if I'm able to play it after I post this message.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm unable to play it due to having a crappy graphics card for one of my computers I use to play games with. Even so, I still think it's neat.
    The developer is trying to make it as GPU-friendly as possible, but if you're on a laptop, you're kind of out of luck, sorry. Not even the most dedicated developer can make GLSL shaders work on a laptop's graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    oooh god this reminds me of another kinda similar game that I saw a demo reel/promo vid for, but i can't remember the name of it hnnnggg

but looks pretty neat, very similiar to 3D Dot Game Hero as you said. I might give it a spin later on.
    Maybe Cube World, which has a similar artistic direction but seems to be going more for a multiplayer co-op RPG feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie Rayner View Post
    The game looks really neat conceptually, but when I tried playing it seemed to run really slow and choppy. If it ever gets less clunky I'd be willing to give it a go for sure.
    Its performance will probably improve over time. It's not even a week old yet and it's also a pre-alpha, which means it probably hasn't been fully optimized. Right now, they're just looking for the obvious bugs and are very efficient with fixing them.
    Last edited by Kazekai; 09-10-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."