Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: LoL: A thread

It's all just gonna be experimenting. XD I'd kinda recommend experimenting with replacing the HGB, but I know it's nice for hybrid Teemo, so that's up to you.

ANYWAY.

I'm considering grabbing Sona (yes kinda because of the new skin whatever >3>). Is she played strictly aura-support, or can she be done a bit more AP Carry like Taric can? I have a somewhat good feel for her from the free weeks, but I've never really settled on a decent build for her. XD

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Raevis View Post
    It's all just gonna be experimenting. XD I'd kinda recommend experimenting with replacing the HGB, but I know it's nice for hybrid Teemo, so that's up to you.

ANYWAY.

I'm considering grabbing Sona (yes kinda because of the new skin whatever >3>). Is she played strictly aura-support, or can she be done a bit more AP Carry like Taric can? I have a somewhat good feel for her from the free weeks, but I've never really settled on a decent build for her. XD
    Sona, from what I know, is mostly aura

Play her like you would soraka, but be closer to the team a bit more often (aura benefits, no global ult)

Wards are the priority, though

Also, for everyone:
    Teemo is not an AD carry; he is an "anti-bruiser"
    Much like how Kassadin is the "anti-mage", Teemo is a counterpick for top lane, who will excel against a short ranged fighter like Fiora, Darius, or Cho'gath
    Do not play Teemo as an AD carry in bot lane. You will most likely be outranged, your poison will be useless versus a healing support, and you will be outdamaged. Taking up the ADC slot means your team wont have one late game. Teemo has very little late game, he's not built for it, this is what makes him not-a-carry. (A carry "snowballs", getting better over time, in stats and abilities, much more than the average champion)
    You will also lose every trade, seeing as you have almost no defense at all

Knowing which lane to send your champion to is a very critical part of wining this game

While I'm on this tyraid I should probably include:
    Vlad could also qualify as an anti-bruiser, as a ranged top. He seems to be better there than mid
    Kennen too maybe? hm hm hmmmmmmm

The biggest issue with calling Teemo or Vlad "Carries", is that neither have any burst

They are both what you would call "sustained damage" characters, they focus on dealing x amount of damage consistently as opposed to 3x damage in bursts

This is why Vlad is no fun in mid, because all the other mids are "AP carries", specializing in burst
    Any trade you have with their mid will end in their favour

send 'em both top to kick ass
    Last edited by Tybby; 09-01-2012 at 05:01 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    You should play Sona like I do, it's extremely funny. All my items are auras, I even whip out the old Soul Shroud. In team fights it's like we have Baron all the time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    Sona, from what I know, is mostly aura

Play her like you would soraka, but be closer to the team a bit more often (aura benefits, no global ult)

Wards are the priority, though
    ...Never played Soraka either ahah... XD But from what you're saying, I'd guess Philo and HoG, Aegis, Solari, Shurelya's, ward the hell out of everything? (And likely the GP boost mastery?)

Also, for everyone:
    Teemo is not an AD carry; he is an "anti-bruiser"
    Agree. >3> I've had people call me an adc while poking around with Teemo and I just kinda stare at the screen dumbfounded. (Moreso because "hey I'm building AP why am I being called an AD carry?") But his skills don't synergize all that well with an AD carry style of play, I'd say... more of a shutdown type.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Raevis View Post
    ...Never played Soraka either ahah... XD But from what you're saying, I'd guess Philo and HoG, Aegis, Solari, Shurelya's, ward the hell out of everything? (And likely the GP boost mastery?)

Agree. >3> I've had people call me an adc while poking around with Teemo and I just kinda stare at the screen dumbfounded. (Moreso because "hey I'm building AP why am I being called an AD carry?") But his skills don't synergize all that well with an AD carry style of play, I'd say... more of a shutdown type.
    A lot of people will say to build philo stone and HoG

I find it's much easier to build like so:

Start with Faerie charm, 1 health pot and 4 sight wards (many guides will say 2 sight wards and 1 vision ward. I find the pink ward to be too situational to get, unless you're going up against a twitch or akali or some other stealth champion)
    Wards btw, during laning phase: one in the blue tribush, and one in the river between the blue tribush opening and the dragon. A lot of players just put one ward in the river bush, but that doesn't give enough warning, if you're pushed to their tower they'll jump in behind you with not enough warning

Your first B should be when you have both enough gold to finish your philo stone, and confidence that your adc will survive without you

buy your philo stone, and then lane until you can afford Kage's lucky pick

I recommend Kage's over HoG because you'll use AP more than Health. As a support you really shouldn't be getting hit (fatally, at least), and your adc will enjoy a stronger heal

THEN build HoG

This gives you 3 GP10 items, which means you'll have enough gold coming in with your runes and masteries to afford 5 wards whenever you b (which should be frequent)

Now buy boots: I prefer mobility, because I avoid enemy encounters (warding everywhere means I know exactly where all of them are), and it gives a better speed boost. Swiftness is viable too, if you find yourself running out of teamfights often (although sona has her e she can use). Ionian boots of lucidity if you really need the cdr, but I wouldn't recommend them over speed. Playstyle, I guess

At this point, keep buying 5 sets of wards. Your role is to ward around the map so your team doesn't get jumped. With sight on everyone, we can plan better. 5 wards in 2 of the four areas. If you're playing offensively, ward their upper and lower jungle (5 each). If Defensively, then your jungle instead

I generally like to put one ward at barron/dragon, and then one in the bush with sight over the red/blue buff, and also the junction near it

This gives you 3 more to place in strategic locations. The bush in the narrow corridor between red buff and the mid lane inner turret is generally a good place to ward

You'll get a feel for where sight is needed as you play

maintaining one open slot for wards, we have room for 1 more item. Slowly build this item, and try not to skimp on warding unless you're confident your team will be okay. This item should be an aura item, which will help your team more than it will help you. I prefer to buy will of the ancients, because everyone uses spells in teamfights, and the extra spellvamp can really make a difference. Shurelya's is good if you need to get places faster, and stacks well with sona's E. I imagine a sona with boots of mobility, shurelya's and her E up would be very fast indeed

Zeke's herald gives attack speed and lifesteal, I think. This is viable, I guess. I'm not an expert on zekes herald. I'm not a fan of the locket of iron solari. Health regen doesn't give as much health in battle as lifesteal or spellvamp, and the shield is... idk. Not an item I use often so I dunno.

I recommend against Aegis of the Legion, because usually your jungler will get it. You're wasting a lot of item potential if both of you have it, as only the two of you will get the effect of both

and that's about it in terms of general support info. I'm sure I forgot something

Also, as an anecdote: I played a game where I was double top as teemo with a volibear. I helped him whittle down the enemy champ (can't remember who it was, I think it was a girl like Irelia though?), to the point where voli could take her on his own. Then I started roaming, helping mid and bot with kills

It was a beautiful game and I wish we had won, but the rest of the team fed :/

- - - Updated - - -

on the subject of masteries: most guides say to go into the defense tree

I find it's much more efficacious to go 1/0/29

Summoner's wrath for improved exhaust (to shut the enemy adc down)

Defense is nice but you shouldn't really be getting hit by the enemy team

at least not enough to warrant improved defenses

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Okay, so I think I've found a really awesome teemo build, which I shall share with you now:

Merc Treads / Bers Greaves
    Madred's Blood Razor
    Malady
    Ionic Spark
    Triforce (starting phage, then Zeal)
    Force of Nature

A hybrid build focusing on attack speed, ends up close to maxing it out if you go berserkers greaves (putting his AS at 2.4 per second [max is 2.5])

Teemo's E is an on-hit effect, dealing 50 magic damage (plus .4 AP) every hit forever, and then 30 (plus .14 AP) damage every second for 4 seconds afterward

This build exploits that by giving him max (almost) attack speed, and plenty of on hit effects

Malady adds 20 magic damage to your hits, and also shreds the enemy's magic resist. Madreds adds on 5% of their health as extra magic damage. Ionic Spark gives you an AoE chain lightening that deals 125 magic damage to everyone it hits every 4 attacks you make.

Because this is a hybrid build, with both AD and AP, your enemy is going to have a tough time defending against you (Almost everyone is going to be building magic resist or armor, and not both)

With your blinding dart to completely shut down AD champions, your hybrid build, maxed out AS and all those on-hits, teemo should be able to win every 1v1 situation he finds himself in

take improved exhaust, you can chain it with your blind for an absurdly long shut down, or you can use it when they're running

Have yet to lose a game with this new build

Should probably mention:
    I take force of nature over Bloodthirster because I feel Teemo doesn't really benefit from it at all. The improved AD is nice, but most of his damage will still come from on-hits (which do not proc spellvamp or lifesteal), so he wont be getting enough health to offset the enemy team wailing on him

Force of nature however will give you huge health regen, so if you survive a teamfight (likely), you wont have to B for health or risk getting jumped while you sap health from minions
    Last edited by Tybby; 09-03-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Between work and school, I haven't had time to play in a while, but I main AD Tristana, second as Ryze, and want to learn Alistar and Rumble. I'm still level 13 and haven't really graduated from bot games, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjo View Post
    Honestly, It's rude that you called me out.
    it's called moderating
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    it's called moderating
    Fuck the patriarchy

Or whatever

The point is, let him waffle around

The social consequences of his actions will be

The consequences of his actions? I guess?

I mean, it makes sense to just let people like/hate him for whatever he tries to do

I think he wanted to talk about something else in this thread? I haven't been paying attention

If the people of weasyl want to too (wow I sound like obana......) then they'll talk to him here or elsewhere

If he's alone speaking to no one, then he will fade into oblivion without the headache involved in arguing or whatever :3

#FollowMeOnTwitter

- - - Updated - - -

wait Fay's a woman that line doesn't work

I don't really know what it means anyway I picked it up from tumblr???

Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    Fuck the patriarchy

Or whatever

The point is, let him waffle around

The social consequences of his actions will be

The consequences of his actions? I guess?

I mean, it makes sense to just let people like/hate him for whatever he tries to do

I think he wanted to talk about something else in this thread? I haven't been paying attention

If the people of weasyl want to too (wow I sound like obana......) then they'll talk to him here or elsewhere

If he's alone speaking to no one, then he will fade into oblivion without the headache involved in arguing or whatever :3

#FollowMeOnTwitter

- - - Updated - - -

wait Fay's a woman that line doesn't work

I don't really know what it means anyway I picked it up from tumblr???
    I'm confused.

What exactly did I do wrong?

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Nothing~

Or maybe thread derail

I just said "let's see how other's respond" to see if it's okay

So then don't ask me if it's okay :/
    Last edited by Tybby; 09-03-2012 at 09:44 PM.