Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Bri Mercedes

Streamers: Your favorite art streaming service?

I'm poking around various streaming websites so I can get started streaming my digital art. I'm finding that a lot of websites have a viewer limit, ads, or some other silly restriction unless you pay them gobs of money.

Which one do you use and why?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    There is tigerdile which is more furry centric. I just use live stream

I just use livestream as it's almost the standard and it's free.

It's a pain in the ass though to get set up.

I use livestream because I don't want to mess around with twitch, plus twitch seems like it's mostly gamers over anything else so I just stick to livestream as I have for many years. Though I haven't streamed in ages since there really was no audience at all when I posted it up somewhere. It's not even that I wanted the attention, it was just wanting someone to talk to; someone new that I didn't know.

Not many people seem to watch art streams, in my experience but maybe I just got the wrong crowd.
    Inactive account

Weasyl
    Bri Mercedes
    I saw a lot of people streaming through tigerdile, it looks really cool but I'm not a primarily furry artist. I did some research on Livestream and apparently there's the "new" and "old" Livestreams. I had to dig to find out how to set up an account on the "old" Livestream because the new one requires watchers to register for Livestream accounts unless you pay- and you can't have a custom livestream.com/yourname url without going premium too. I actually played with Twitch.tv and it worked really well but I am afraid of getting my account frozen because I'm streaming art and not a game. Its non-game counterpart, Justin.tv, might work fine, but I don't really like their site design.

I only got a couple people respond after I posted journals asking if my followers want a livestream. Heck, I'd do it even if no one watched because it's an accountability thing. Gotta stay productive!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    When I went to Livestream.com It was free though there are pay plans too. http://new.livestream.com/plans

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidae View Post
    I use livestream because I don't want to mess around with twitch, plus twitch seems like it's mostly gamers over anything else
    Twitch.tv is supposed to be game streams only, yea.

I barely stream nowadays but I usually used livestream, though since they started cracking down on adult artwork streams I tried out picarto.tv and it seems to work really well so far.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    As a viewer I've preferred Livestream, join.me, and Tigerdile. :3

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    That is good to know, I will have to check them out

Weasyl
    willy
    I used to use Livestream because it had some pretty nice features and was for the most part easy to use. But it didn't really play well with my laptop so if I had too many things running it wouldn't work right. But I don't really stream a whole lot because I really never had anything interesting to stream.