Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Ruggy
    I hate Skype's client, yet it's what I use the most. I was all excited to read about Trillian and the possibility of using something other than Skype's crappy program, but a blog indicates that it might be losing that capability soon, so... poops.

I don't care for using Steam as a chat client because if I'm on steam, I'm going to want to play something, and I'm terrible at chatting and playing. >.>
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    Shoving aside Skype for Steam, the darker colors are much more pleasing to my eyes anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Skype these days is an awful program that uses way more resources than it should, coupled with ads that cannot be easily removed. It's absurd that I discovered it was behind the slight stuttering I was getting in my games.
    And the downhill of Skype started when Microsoft bought it.
    Since then, it has had those ads and has made things needlessly complicated.
    I don't know if MS's coders are responsible for the resource hogging, but I woudn't be surprised.
    The phone version makes me want to cut my fingers off with nail clippers.

My PC ain't a potato so I don't get any stuttering or issues performance wise with Skype so I'll keep using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnau View Post
    Shoving aside Skype for Steam, the darker colors are much more pleasing to my eyes anyways.
    And the overlay function is useful if you're into gaming.
    I prefer Steam myself, for the overall looks.

Weasyl
    N/A
    The only thing I dont like about steam is that it can't save logs.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    I tend to keep a range of possible methods to get contacted by. I have my E-Mail (which I'm not using for social but encouraging for use related to commissions etc.) as well as a bunch of handles I use IM+ apps to keep signed into at once. Skype tends to be my main due to the most attention being from them. I'm happy with people just asking questions or chatting, so I keep them on usually.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    I tend to use Skype the most, but I use an old version since the new version is crap. I do have Trillian for AIM, YIM, and IRC, but I find myself using it less and less as more people seem to have Skype anyway.

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    I used to ONLY use AIM for years. Then I changed to MSN and Skype from there. I mostly use Skype now, but will also use Steam when I forget to turn the messenger off.

I've always hated FaceBook's messaging system.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Skype through Trillian, and Google Hangouts (which I wish the Weasyl forums profile had a field for).
    I mostly use Skype not out of preference but because that is what everyone else uses. if I had a choice it would be Google Hangouts. I agree that it would be nice to have a link like they have with Skype. <3

Weasyl
    kokorogensou
    skype and steam. i mostly use skype for general chatting, but i do use steam to chat to a few of my buds when i'm playing something in fullscreen like skyrim or dota2.

Weasyl
    ASTA
    Skype.

The ability to downgrade to older (see: better) versions is the best part.