Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Premium User FishNChips's Avatar

    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Steam because Skype is being a total chode right now.

    I was trying to talk to my waifu on my laptop on the latest version of Skype last night and holy shit it kept freezing and lagging for every little thing. It never did that before on previous versions.

    I use Skype on my desktop, but I'm using an ooold version of it. I had the same problem with it when I used the recent version, so I reverted back.

    Skype's a piece of shit.

    I'm on Steam all the time though. Like, as soon as my PC starts up til it goes off again.

  2. #12
    That's me! Hewge's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Hewge
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,364
    I like Steam most, but I use Skype as well as Steam.

  3. #13
    Senior SirCoffeecup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The cold north
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Steam because Skype is being a total chode right now.

    I was trying to talk to my waifu on my laptop on the latest version of Skype last night and holy shit it kept freezing and lagging for every little thing. It never did that before on previous versions.

    I use Skype on my desktop, but I'm using an ooold version of it. I had the same problem with it when I used the recent version, so I reverted back.

    Skype's a piece of shit.

    I'm on Steam all the time though. Like, as soon as my PC starts up til it goes off again.
    I think your stuttering might have something to do with the internet speed.
    I have my Skype up to date, and I was in a vidcall for hours and no issues whatsoever.

    I don't like how Skype has a ton of ads nowadays..

  4. #14
    Senior Dreaming's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Dreaming
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Haunting your mind
    Gender
    N/A
    Posts
    291
    Damn, so many years since I last used MSN... all I ever used these days is Skype

  5. #15
    Premium User FishNChips's Avatar

    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I think your stuttering might have something to do with the internet speed.
    I have my Skype up to date, and I was in a vidcall for hours and no issues whatsoever.

    I don't like how Skype has a ton of ads nowadays..
    The internet speed has remained as it always has done prior to the new update. It was working fine before getting that cancerous version. Skype's old version right now is working fine (and worked fine last night when I logged off) but the new one? nuuu

  6. #16
    Retired Staff piņardilla's Avatar

    Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Gender
    Claims to be a porpoise.
    Posts
    1,287
    Skype through Trillian, and Google Hangouts (which I wish the Weasyl forums profile had a field for).
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

  7. #17
    Senior Sutekh_the_Steak's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Sutekh_the_Steak
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    103
    Skype for the most part, but I use the facebook messenger sometimes too.

  8. #18
    Senior SirCoffeecup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The cold north
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    The internet speed has remained as it always has done prior to the new update. It was working fine before getting that cancerous version. Skype's old version right now is working fine (and worked fine last night when I logged off) but the new one? nuuu
    That's odd.
    My best guess would be outdated windows drivers or something, but I don't have mine up to date so I feel kinda doubtful that's the reason for your issues.
    PCs work in mysterious ways

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    Skype, Steam and Trillian though I really am not a fan of any of them. IRC pls :U

  10. #20
    Senior Rilvor's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alteir
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    That's odd.
    My best guess would be outdated windows drivers or something, but I don't have mine up to date so I feel kinda doubtful that's the reason for your issues.
    PCs work in mysterious ways
    Skype these days is an awful program that uses way more resources than it should, coupled with ads that cannot be easily removed. It's absurd that I discovered it was behind the slight stuttering I was getting in my games.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •