Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bothers me...

Weasyl
    Unf.

Bothers me...

I feel a little bad for writing this but I'm getting a little peeved and I don't want to lash out at my friend about it..

For the past little while my only real friend that I have anymore has promised me she will do a reference sheet of my new character because I absolutely cannot get my ideas out on paper and it's frustrating enough that I asked someone else to do it for me..anyway it's been almost a month now and she's since started other projects and opened up other things but hasn't even started mine.

Should I say something to her or should I just sorta keep quiet?

Weasyl
    Unf.
    I offered to pay her but she refused because we are "such good friends". It is very frustrating though because every time I talk to her she's telling me about other stuff she's doing and it's just like oh that's cool when are you going to start mine...
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Were you paying her? Because if not, she really doesn't have to. Though I can understand the frustration if there was a promise involved.

Weasyl
    MEEHOO
    There is a chance she's just forgotten about it
    Politely remind her if it bothers you so much.

Weasyl
    Unf.
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEHOO View Post
    There is a chance she's just forgotten about it
    Politely remind her if it bothers you so much.
    She's always saying how she'll get to mine but opens other stuff :/ I have brought it up before it just never gets anywhere

Weasyl
    MEEHOO
    Well maybe she's just not in the mood , I've promised people art before but if im not in the mood il move on until I can be assed finishing it.
    I understand that it was something you were looking forward to but you can't really complain if she's doing you a favour especially if its free.
    Last edited by MEEHOO; 03-09-2014 at 12:24 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Term
    If it's that big a deal and she keeps putting off then just tell her not to worry about it and look for someone else who will do it for cash.

No hard feelings to her. But if you want to get it done and she's refusing payment/putting it on the back burner then just tell her she doesn't have to do it and move on. Plenty of artists here on Weasyl offer ref sheets done at reasonable prices.

Weasyl
    Aakosir
    I agree with Term. You've asked her before and she's been doing other projects so it's not very likely that it will get done. Granted it is for free, but if you guys are very good friends then she shouldn't be leading you along. So I'd take a step back, re-evaluate the friendship/situation and make a decision.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8

Weasyl
    Term
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakosir View Post
    I agree with Term. You've asked her before and she's been doing other projects so it's not very likely that it will get done. Granted it is for free, but if you guys are very good friends then she shouldn't be leading you along. So I'd take a step back, re-evaluate the friendship/situation and make a decision.
    Well maybe reevaluate the friendship may be a bit much but yeah, essentially.

The offer I'm sure is appreciated. But usually when you offer something, the other person has an expectation that it's going to be delivered at a reasonable time, or at least you could get some sort of update.

But yeah, over a month and no word on it getting done means you should just move on in a respectful manner.

Weasyl
    Aakosir
    Quote Originally Posted by Term View Post
    Well maybe reevaluate the friendship may be a bit much but yeah, essentially.
    Well, I only say that because they put "such good friends" in their previous post in quotations. It makes me feel like they are being told one thing, but feeling another.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10

Weasyl
    Fiz
    While you're not entitled to free art, it can get increasingly agitating to have someone tell you over and over that they're going to draw something for you. I've had people do this to me for years and it's just like...well then draw something will ya. :V

That said, a month isn't too long of a time. If you absolutely need the reference sheet for some projects and can't wait much longer, I would just commission someone to get it down for you. It's nice to have people offer you free art, but it's not a good position to be in if you're reliant on that freebie.

tl;dr: I agree with term :P