Page 93 of 160 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Speaking of being good, my friends are going to their first Apex next week for the second largest Smash tourney. They've been recognized as strong players by the likes of M2K and Shofu. One got sponsored by SmashStudios. I think even if they don't win, they'll do well. They've been training very hard.
    That's pretty cool! So is the F-Zero thing. I remember watching you stream it once. Do you still do that?

Received Dark Souls in the mail today. With the renovations going on, my ability to play is limited, but I'll try to get it running in the near future. From looking at the manual, a Knight will probably be my best bet for not failing utterly. If that carries me through the game well enough, I'll very likely give the other classes a try each (at least a few of the others).
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Has anyone ever been shocked when you realise you've become really good at a game? It is a weird feeling. On one hand, I'm good at something I enjoy. On the other, the 'You've Played X Hours' thing stings a little.
    I remember Need for Speed Pro Street back in 08-09 where I was playing it like crazy. I had over 3000 hours logged in a year and a half-two years. I cringe saying that but I was ranked in the top 5 worldwide in the drag racing circuit. I can say its a weird feeling when you meet a random stranger irl who goes all crazy when they find out your gamer tag.

Just beat the Asylum Demon (which, to my mixed shock, disappointment, and potential enjoyment, is not the Stray Demon which I first saw in the dungeon). Asylum Demon took more than I expected to kill, and I had my work cut out for me (it would seem that resting at a bonfire rejuvenates a boss's health).

Still, I gradually deprived him of the will to live. Eventually, I will have to try the Black Firebomb tactic on a subsequent run with a different character. I can only imagine what it'll take to beat the rest of the bosses, and am currently unsure if I want the "Artorias" DLC.

Reach Lordran and leveled up a bit, though I'll be stopping for now. I am enjoying the game, tricky though it is for me, and I'll probably move to the sequel and eventually Bloodborne in due time.

I also installed the game and Deathstroke DLC for Arkham Origins, so that I can enjoy that all over again and then some (need to get money into PS Store so I can buy the Cold, Cold Heart expansion; not sure about Initiation).

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Get the Artorias DLC. It's totally worth the few bucks, it has the best bosses in the game. Black Dragon Kalameet was my favorite boss in the entire game, and remains my favorite dragon boss fight in any video game I've experienced.
    I looked at PlayStation Store money cards earlier today. The pricing is slightly less than Xbox Live ($20 as opposed to $25), so that will help me out a little. Though I might very well need to buy a printer this weekend, since my usual one has finally kicked the bucket and since I have business online. Those damn things cost a small fortune no matter which you pick.

Not as if the content is going anywhere, though, so it can wait.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Dear lawd, it is once again time for gaming burnout! Most unfortunate. I work with computers 8 hours a day and it's hard to look at one after that. Does anyone else experience this sometimes?

Weasyl
    N/A
    It especially sucks because I want to game after work, but the whole computer = work thing won't go away.

I have never felt that way for gaming, though I often did for reading while at the universities. Being an English major, I was assigned so damn much that it sickened me to read and my personal reading froze completely (not like school gives you any damn choice, unless you don't require sleep ever).

Anyway, have a new printer (bumming a spare off the parents) and while it needs a replacement cartridge for one ink color, it works fine. Just sold Batman: Arkham City, and so made about half my money back from the GOTY purchase.

I also looked up a number of tips for Dark Souls, so I won't die quite as much as I otherwise would have. For the time being, I'll focus on my first NGP of Arkham City.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #930

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    It especially sucks because I want to game after work, but the whole computer = work thing won't go away.
    I have the opposite problem, my computer is a plaything and I can never get any actual work done on it. :[
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.