pinardilla
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Vae
    But how does one get a job donating blood?
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    But how does one get a job donating blood?
    Poor people do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    What

Does Dean really cry that much?
    Yeah. My husband and I thought it was kinda hilarious considering how in the very first episode Dean said, word-for-word, "No chick flick moments." Lies lies lies

Sorry for the off-topic post. I have nothing new to add atm

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #597
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    So I got Battlefield 3 since it's free until the 3rd.

Fun as Hell, but.....god. I suck ass something fierce at this game.
    If you're doing any close quarter combat... 870 MCS. Mm, pump shotty. I miss Battlefield 2, though. Best helicopter control out of the entire series imo, with no limitations. They pulled a "balance" limitation on the first Crysis which was the most disappointing thing out of the game, but eh, tangential/different game. Similar stuff happened with BFBC2 and 3, though. I wonder how busy BF3 still is.

Anyone play Dishonored? I've got that installed but I haven't gotten to playing it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Anyone play Dishonored? I've got that installed but I haven't gotten to playing it yet.
    It's worth it. Dunwall is a damn incredible city, and there are some great moments in the game (the masked party, for instance, which ties as my favorite with the return to the tower).

There are some bizarre, sorta ugly drawbacks, though.

1) The level replay is awful. It literally undoes all your progress so that you are playing as if for the first time. Beat the game? Game doesn't care; it resets your stats and collectibles to what they were when you first entered level X when you choose to replay level X.

2) There's this weird bug that causes Granny to count as killed if you dose her with a knockout dart, or something. I can't remember, but it negatively affects your level stats. You'll find out what I mean.

3) Both versions of the final level could have been drawn out a little more, since they kind of deprive you of that hard-sought-revenge satisfaction. It's a great level (both versions, mind, since which one you get is chosen by how much of a raging jerk you've been through the game), but it just kind of ends.

4) The stealth mechanics are a little fuzzy, but if you save and reload when needed and take it steady, patiently, and pay plenty of attention, then you shouldn't have any real difficulty, as it's a pretty easy game.

Also, at the party, be sure to sign the guest book, and you'll find an amusing note a level or two later, when you return to the tower. Hell, there are tons of notes, letters, and books to collect that really flesh out the world. And Corvo has a wonderful design, especially his mask and collapsing knife.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #599
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    FUCKINGLOVEDISHONOREDYAHEARD??!?!?!
    Well damn. o.o Wish I'd asked sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    It's worth it. Dunwall is a damn incredible city, and there are some great moments in the game (the masked party, for instance, which ties as my favorite with the return to the tower).

There are some bizarre, sorta ugly drawbacks, though.

1) The level replay is awful. It literally undoes all your progress so that you are playing as if for the first time. Beat the game? Game doesn't care; it resets your stats and collectibles to what they were when you first entered level X when you choose to replay level X.
    Glad to hear multiple recommendations, and a balanced one too. The point I quoted is the only one that bothers me, but I can live with it as I'm not really a completionist type. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll make sure to follow your advice. I just need... something to distract me for a day or two, a closed singleplayer experience. Forgot I picked this back up in December, it's even installed! Just gotta push "play". I'll update you guys once I get into it.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I played through Dishonored myself, it's an alright game. I personally do not rate it as particularly good, but it's at least worth playing. I only ever played through it once, never killing anyone, and it was still pretty easy.

My biggest complaint was that I felt the combat was generally bad. Melee was more trouble than it is worth, and most of the other options seemed entirely pointless. Sleep Darts are generally the way to go and ensure that nothing is ever really a threat.