Page 53 of 160 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    That "small minority" is apparently big enough to be worth dicking over.
    This topic is the only place that has complained about it.

Anyways, whatever, I lose the argument. A company made a money-grab! Oh no! I bet you'll all start boycotting Nintendo immediately.

Weasyl
    Vae
    A person can admit that a company is doing a shitty asshole maneuver without raging against it from the hilltops.
    Why all the extremism, here?
    It's okay to admit the the faults in something that you otherwise enjoy. You don't have to immediately jump to boycotting it, like a child throwing an overblown tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    Unfortunately, most people that buy a Wii U are either long-time Nintendo fans that already own a Gamecube and never thought about parting with it, or they're children that never played it. This problem, while I understand it, is still going to be limited to a very small amount of people.
    Or, you know, people who are interested in the Wii U's game library. Which, as it increases, will appeal to more people.
    Not just hardcore Nintendo fans and five-year-olds.
    Hell, I know of a lot of people who are throwing down money for it just because of Mario Kart 8.

Also, hardware breaks down.
    Discs, much less so, unless you're excessively reckless about how you treat them.
    Last edited by Vae; 05-18-2014 at 03:37 AM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    You know it's honestly hard to have an engaging conversation if you're only gonna come off as cynical as possible to prove whatever point...I dunno.

I think the prices should be lower because while I know there is some conversion, the major work has already been done AND sold what it was projected to at the time. Granted media changes making it harder to keep everything. I mean who has a floppy or ZIP drive anymore? At the time these games were projected for a time over 20 years ago, so no it shouldn't keep the same inflated value.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    If you're not a collector or into older games, why would you even have owned a Gamecube? The problem of not being able to play your Gamecube discs on a Wii U hits a small, small minority.
    Uhh... 22 million people owned the Gamecube when it was new, so...

If anything, this seems akin to being upset that the Nintendo 64 couldn't play NES games.
    Except this isn't a different format. It's a disc. And the hardware is officially capable of running the titles. There is no reason why the disc shouldn't be playable. Hell, if we want to go down that road, like I've said, Sony's made PS1 games playable since the beginning. PS2 and PS3 games (weren't) compatible with each successive generation because of architectural issues; The Wii was essentially a higher clocked Gamecube in all of its iterations, and the WiiU is based on a newer generation of the same hardware.
    Last edited by Runefox; 05-18-2014 at 07:03 PM.

For me it'll depend on three things: whether the GC games I really want to play will be available or not, how much downloading each game will cost, and how long I'll have to wait until they're available for download in the eshop. I no longer have a GC or a Wii or any of my old discs (gave those away a long time ago), and I've been really missing a few of those games lately. If the eshop deals are good, that might be the final incentive for me to get a Wii U. But if my favorite games aren't available, then I'll probably just drop cash on a refurbished Wii and buy the GC discs (since there's quite a few Wii games I'd like to play too--rather have them on one console).
    Last edited by Nattles; 05-18-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Or Nintendo could just not offer the service at all, that'd make us all happy I am sure.

Honestly folks there's ways around this if you try, not that you should have to but let's be realistic about companies here, a good place to start is to ask around to any local game stores (Not Gameslop) and see if they offer old consoles or repairs. For example, there's one here that has every system from last generation to NES along with those peripherals no one gave a crap about. They offer repairs on consoles and such. Patronize them, tell everyone about them, and maybe more of them will appear so we won't have to deal with Nintendo/MS/Sony at all if we can help it.

Yes one day your GC will break and one day they will be hard to get, but given the continued availability of NES/SNES that won't be for a long time.

And for the record, I too think it's absolute bullshit that they charge that much for a non-existent no effort copy. But that might be why I've never bought a VC game.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    Toshabi

I'm skipping work tomorrow just for this game. I haven't been excited for a game since like.... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post

I'm skipping work tomorrow just for this game. I haven't been excited for a game since like.... ever.
    Shit yeah I am excited for this game. Now I will just need to figure out if I can reasonably play it with keyboard and mouse or if I will need to invest in a controller for my computer.