Page 48 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    The Ruby/Sapphire remake discussion that happened in this thread was depressing. Holy hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I find people that do that silly.

Why go to such lengths in a game where random crits and move miss chance will teach you the error of your ways time and time again?

This is why I like my Clefable. Metronome has trolled its way to so many absurd victories (with a dozen losses for each one, but damn if it wasn't fun).
    Hahahaha, oh my god, that reminds me of that one gem match you had with a certain someone. You got a full blown youtube video, bells and whistles attached, for that too.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Speaking of competitive battling being a joke, I decided it'd be funny to go on Pokemon Showdown and stall matches for 100+ turns.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    I like playing Pokemon competitively online.
    I think Pokemon Showdown is fun, but it is a pain when battles last forever. And there are far too few Pokemon actually used in battles. People just pick the tougher ones and give them really cheap movesets. :/

That said, nothing beats playing actual Pokemon games. Pokemon Showdown can't match that kind of fun at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    At least I'm not the only one that was severely disappointed in the R/S/E remakes. Hopefully they'll do something new, but this was an obvious money grab.
    I don't think it was just a money grab. People have been asking for Hoenn remakes for a while, especially after Heartgold/Soulsilver happened. I think it was at least in part to make fans happy.

That's how we got Gen II which was...somewhat lackluster in a lot of ways (And was aided in this by many of those pokemon already having been created before Red/Blue were released).

Norman is also perhaps the only Gym Leader that beat me more than once. I'll never get how people think Whitney's Miltank remotely compares to the beast that was Slaking for the first time. (Note: Slaking has stats on par with Regigigas.)
    I liked Gen II. A lot more than I, at least. 2 regions to go through, a little bit more story, a cool rival with an attitude, the music, breeding....I liked it. Plus I like a lot of Gen 2's Pokemon designs more.

As for Norman...He's not one who usually gives me trouble. Most of the time I pick Blaziken though as a starter, so that's probably why.
    Same goes for Whitney though. She's doesn't give me much trouble. Heck, toughest time I can remember myself having battling gym leaders was against Tate and Liza in Emerald. Only thing that really saved my butt was that they kept using psychic attacks even when I had a Mightyena out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    The Ruby/Sapphire remake discussion that happened in this thread was depressing. Holy hell.
    I'm excited for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Gen III was my favorite after Gen II. I like how the world was filled with sea and how you could double battle alongside Steven against Team Magma in the late part of the game. I liked how the double battle required you to pick 3 Pokemon and had Steven use 3, rather than like in the newer games where your ally uses all of his Pokemon and you use all of yours. Made battles too easy when you had an ally. I also liked Emerald's Battle Frontier a lot more than the newer ones. They gave you symbols for winning, and it felt like going through gyms again, only harder. I loved the Tourney Tree in the Battle Dome. I hope they keep that. Will be happy to see what the new games look and sound like now that its been two handheld generations.
    Last edited by Battlechili1; 05-14-2014 at 01:47 PM.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    My record stall so far is 183 turns. I must improve this.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    My record stall so far is 183 turns. I must improve this.
    What's your name on Pokemon Showdown, and what section do you play in?

I feel as if I can persevere through your stalling.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post

Hahahaha, oh my god, that reminds me of that one gem match you had with a certain someone. You got a full blown youtube video, bells and whistles attached, for that too.
    I know right? I mean they've been doing this since 1998/1999, so no one should be surprised or disappointed at what has been going on since the very beginning. A lot of fans wanted Gen III remakes, myself included, because why the hell not? People that want it will buy it, people that don't will not. It isn't like it will delay the next Pokemon game by existing, it never has.

Also oh my goodness yes that haha. That was brilliant. I think I could watch that again for laughs.
    Notice: I did not make this video, my opponent did.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlechili1 View Post
    What's your name on Pokemon Showdown, and what section do you play in?

I feel as if I can persevere through your stalling.
    Section as in tier? OU.

I have the same name there as I do here.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I know right? I mean they've been doing this since 1998/1999, so no one should be surprised or disappointed at what has been going on since the very beginning. A lot of fans wanted Gen III remakes, myself included, because why the hell not? People that want it will buy it, people that don't will not. It isn't like it will delay the next Pokemon game by existing, it never has.

Also oh my goodness yes that haha. That was brilliant. I think I could watch that again for laughs.
    Notice: I did not make this video, my opponent did.

When it comes to Nintendo, for the most part, people will find a way to string something insignificant out into a big problem. It's probably because the other game industries don't have much going on for them. People should've seen a Ruby/Sapphire remake in the winds when Fire Red and Leaf Green came out. Perhaps they're just that dense.

It's a shame I can't favorite that video without liking it. I'm archiving this so it will be in the history books for an eternity.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Does anyone else have issues with zsnes's video recording routinely losing sync on playback?

I was trying out Tetris Attack with the joystick, and the results kicked ass so much that I felt like showing off, but on playback I get fucked as early as Lakitu in Stage 1. :c

edit: Well, to answer my own question here, I learned from doing some reading at TASvideos that zsnes is just a plain shitty emulator that has always sacrificed accuracy for speed. Meanwhile, snes9x has stayed in active development and has become far superior in the seven years since zsnes received its last update. So I'll probably be using that in the future, or their BizHawk emulator that does some crazy-accurate low-level emulation if my processor can handle it.
    Last edited by piņardilla; 05-15-2014 at 04:10 AM.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    This thread has only cemented my disinterest in playing a Pokemon game ever.

I noticed Transistor is coming out soon. Anyone played Child of Light?

Also PS party chat is very neat. Was talking to a friend who just bought a Vita and the sound quality between his Vita and my PS4 was beautiful
    Last edited by QT Melon; 05-15-2014 at 02:36 PM.