Page 43 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Super Mario Bros. 3 has now been beaten in under 3 minutes in a TAS.

What happens exactly: By using a glitch that embeds Mario in the wall of the pipe's by a pixel, the game sees him as standing on the pipe's end cap and allows him to go "down" it (that it's an up-pipe doesn't matter) until he exits outside the normal map boundaries in a glitched area. There, he jumps and hits an invisible note block, which, being out-of-bounds, causes a memory write outside the normal tile data addresses that screws up the way the processor interprets memory addresses. This leads to a series of incorrect instructions being read from unintended areas of the ROM, until eventually a stack overflow causes it to start reading instructions from RAM addresses near where the x-positions of enemies are stored. By positioning the koopa shells beforehand, arbitrary code can be written in their x-positions, which the player uses to jump to the subroutine with the Princess's room.
    Last edited by piņardilla; 05-03-2014 at 06:39 PM.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Please god let this Smash leak be false. We already have characters wasting slots in the game as it is. The last thing they need is a joke character like Rhythm Heaven Choir Boys.
    Whoa wait, what? Got a link? My curiosity is piqued now.

Weasyl
    Toshabi

He moves awkwardly so it seems fake...but then again...he moves awkwardly in his game. x-x
    Obvious fake.

If they were to add a rhythm heaven character in, it'd totally have to be Karate Joe.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #424

Weasyl
    Term
    PSN Flash Sale is hitting me hard like the Steam sales.

Picked up Spec Ops: The Line because it was one of those games people kept saying was severely underrated. Also got Guacamelee because Metroidvania featuring luchadors. Where could I go wrong?

Also picked up PayDay 2 and Remember Me for free.

I can't sing the praises of PS Plus enough.

Also need to get through Last of Us: Left Behind and Infamous: Second Son.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    Cannot stop playing Persona 3 FES.
    Last week I bought Final Fantasy Tactics, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES, and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner- Raidou Kuzunoha VS The Soulless Army on PSN. Wow, do I love Shin Megami Tensei Games.

Persona 3 FES is like half life simulator and half rpg, and I LOVE it. The rap/pop background music, the dating and relationship building during the day, the seemingly suicidal combat, the color, the writing...I love it. It does tend to drag a little at times (the game moves very slowly), but its been fun every since I bought it.
    About to hit the next full moon in the game. I think I've played it about 15 hours already.

As for Devil Summoner....I once played its sequel on PS2 and I prefer the sequel. The combat has more to it and the game is harder. So far the original is pretty easy and short too. It says I've played it about 7 hours and I'm already on Episode 3 (I believe the game has 5 episodes). I like how action oriented the game is though. Its nice to play an RPG that isn't turn-based for a change, and its story moves much faster than Persona, which makes it great as something to play when I don't feel like Persona. I also love the graphics. A lot of people seem to say that the game's graphics are pretty bad, but its got style.

EDIT: Since I'm on such a Shin Megami Tensei binge, I'm probably gonna get SMT IV once I get that 3DS.
    Last edited by Battlechili1; 05-04-2014 at 04:47 AM.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Payday 2 is so much better on the PC cause Toshabi.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlechili1 View Post
    Cannot stop playing Persona 3 FES.
    Last week I bought Final Fantasy Tactics, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES, and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner- Raidou Kuzunoha VS The Soulless Army on PSN. Wow, do I love Shin Megami Tensei Games.

Persona 3 FES is like half life simulator and half rpg, and I LOVE it. The rap/pop background music, the dating and relationship building during the day, the seemingly suicidal combat, the color, the writing...I love it. It does tend to drag a little at times (the game moves very slowly), but its been fun every since I bought it.
    About to hit the next full moon in the game. I think I've played it about 15 hours already.

As for Devil Summoner....I once played its sequel on PS2 and I prefer the sequel. The combat has more to it and the game is harder. So far the original is pretty easy and short too. It says I've played it about 7 hours and I'm already on Episode 3 (I believe the game has 5 episodes). I like how action oriented the game is though. Its nice to play an RPG that isn't turn-based for a change, and its story moves much faster than Persona, which makes it great as something to play when I don't feel like Persona. I also love the graphics. A lot of people seem to say that the game's graphics are pretty bad, but its got style.

EDIT: Since I'm on such a Shin Megami Tensei binge, I'm probably gonna get SMT IV once I get that 3DS.
    ]

You should totally try out Persona 4! It's my personal favorite, and what introduced me to the series.

It's also quite silly at times.

Got Child of Light and have been taking turns playing Aurora. It's a pretty nice game, I was a little bit worried that I'd get bored by the battle system, but it's actually pretty fun to manage the timeline and stuff. It's a really beautiful game, it has an interesting narrative, and good sound design.

We've played for about 10 hours now, not done yet, but I really like it.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #429

Weasyl
    Term
    Secret to Titanfall.

Play fast and move like a maniac.
    Sounds like most games made by those ex-Infinity Ward guys.

Frantic pace, quick turnover on respawns.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I'm very depressed that this will probably never be completed (and I've been watching this since day 1). Apparently, we're getting a release 2016.

..........not very likely.

The writing and everything about the game made this game WAY fucking better than cavestory.