Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    So I played the Titanfall beta at my friends house, holy shit monkey balls this game is insane. And I should have my computer gutted and rebuilt just before the release. Also gunna pick up battlefield 4 for the new pc as well. I already have it for the 360, ps3, and soon PC. Well the ps3 version is my bros but he hardly plays it. Cant wait to get back on to steam and start pc gaming again.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Which game?
    Super Metroid (actually the romhack you linked in the other thread).
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    It was hot yesterday so I went in the living room to play some games on PS2 and PS3, I tried Okami HD and turned it off after a few minutes. I know that the aspect ratio makes it a bit different to play on newer systems and TVs but that texture around the game looked obnoxious and I just rather play the regular version on the PS2 because it looked the same in all honesty.

I then went to my PS2 and played a bit of Dark Cloud, got treated to 2 dance numbers before I could actually play the game. I like the ideas but the execution is lousy. The controls made me nuts and worse was how you could interact to get items. I had to stand a certain way to get something out of a treasure chest with really annoying recycled animation I wish I could skip. The clunky controls just took out any enjoyment I'd get out of playing the game.

Pondering swapping in a TB drive in the PS3 and getting one in the future for a PS4 (once I can justify buying it when it has a library of games I want to play).

Weasyl
    Monster Tamer Billy
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Ah that one >w< Yeah, in Super Metroid you had to be frame-perfect to actually pull a wallkick. Doubt they changed that.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    I hear they fucked with the jump physics, which I imagine would impact the performance of walljumping.
    Also, you need an item first, to be able to do it, if I recall correctly.

A lot of people didn't like how walljumping was executed in the original Super, but I did.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    SM's a bit floaty so the timing can be a bit tough assuming you're trying to Single wall jump.

My favorite personally was 8 from the classics. 1, 2, (and by extension 9 and 10) were rather bland in my opinion. And I completed them all in order as a kid renting Anniversary Collection. I wasn't a fan of Mega Man before than...no clue why I rented that, but glad I did. :3

But my favorite MM over all is X 3.
    Well, X did a LOT of new things with the series, so that's understandable.

2 might be my favorite just because I'm hardcore nostalgiafag.
    Lots of memories behind that one. Lots of watching my mom try to beat the block puzzle on the Heatman stage, or getting through Wily Stage 1.
    I just about shit myself in surprise / delight when Wily turned into an alien, as the final boss. I wish he would have actually been / stayed an alien, because that blew my fucking mind as a kid. The smile that lit up on my little five-year-old face. Hell, the smile that still lights up because of that boss fight, as an extension.

I also just really, really like the music, the aesthetic, and the level design. I feel like the atmosphere was really good for a NES game. And maybe it's another product of nostalgia, but I feel like that particular had a ton of iconic shit in it.

I don't know if I've ever played 8.

I liked X, X4, and I've played bits and pieces of X2 and X3, but not really enough to where I can recognize stuff from them from memory. Except the alligator guy that you have to dodge, which was in... one of those two. Also, one of them let you play as Zero, except not in the way that X4 did.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I hear they fucked with the jump physics, which I imagine would impact the performance of walljumping.
    Also, you need an item first, to be able to do it, if I recall correctly.

A lot of people didn't like how walljumping was executed in the original Super, but I did.
    Finally got it (mostly) down. I'd forgotten you need to push the D-pad away from the wall a frame before you actually jump.

You gotta walljump out of the place where you get the wall jump boots, and there's spikes at the bottom of it. Kind of a dick move. :\ Thank god for save states.
         
       
    Now,
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Ran out of missiles in the fight with Kraid and finished him off with the charge beam CUZ HE JUS' A BITCH. Onwards to Norfair! \o/

edit: oh fuck me Hell's Run has walljumps in it. :x

...okay, maybe I'll finally go do my homework now.
    Last edited by piņardilla; 03-09-2014 at 02:58 PM.
         
       
    Now,
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Silly squirrel, squirrels cant wall-jump. Silly squirrel.

For some reason I'm having a hard time patching the hack. Normally it's done in a second, but I dunno what's going on this time.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Anyone ever hear of Nuuvem games? I just got Saints Row 3 TFP, Sonic Generations, Killing Floor, and Dark Souls PTD Edition there for 20 euro.

Some games are region-locked though, for example I couldnt even add Borderlands 2 to my basket. But not complaining.