Page 148 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1596
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    I'm getting MGSV: PP because I like Kojima's games and I love Big Boss, but after that never again.
    Same. I'll get MGSV, because it's obvious that Kojima put a ton of dedication into it.

But Konami's practices have been disgusting regarding this.
    And in general.
    I'm not buying any more MG games unless they have Kojima involved. They basically ripped it out of his hands because he was spending more money than they liked, and went "You don't even get credit for this. It's mine, now."

It's ridiculous.
    I'll stick with my classics.
    Fuck em.
    Last edited by Vae; 08-06-2015 at 01:13 AM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Vae
    Who needs to fight your inner demons,
    when you can just fight your wallet, instead?
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Same. I'll get MGSV, because it's obvious that Kojima put a ton of dedication into it.
    But Konami's practices have been disgusting regarding this.
    And in general.
    Same here. I'd still like to get MGSV but... Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I'm not buying any more MG games unless they have Kojima involved. They basically ripped it out of his hands because he was spending more money than they liked, and went "You don't even get credit for this. It's mine, now."
    Reminds me of an edit of this Nedroid comic someone posted on here, only that version had Kojima and Konami. I don't remember where it was posted, though.

You know, as much as I love Arkham City, playing as Nightwing shows the combat has some real flaws (and not just his lack of voice acting).

1) Nightwing only responds to most button inputs, either misinterpreting the others or ignoring them completely, thereby resulting in a lost combo at the least or getting hit

2) You won't always get the bonus for doing a round in a single combo, even if you did the round in a single combo. The game appears to arbitrarily refuse to acknowledge your effort and count one combo as multiple, and that seems to be the case when using the Batclaw Slam move, at least if you start a round with it.

I'm playing on the PS3 because I both don't have a 360 copy anymore and I deleted all associated content from that platform to free up space. I already earned almost all the trophies on the 360, so I hardly need to do it again on the PS3, but this is a great game and only the predator maps and challenge campaigns are a pain (mostly the latter); everything else can be handled pretty damn well with a bit of practice.

Though they could have balanced the other characters better: Nightwing and Catwoman have fucking awful detective/thief vision; Robin and Catwoman have less armor than Batman and Nightwing; Catwoman has a wanting weapons setup (her batarang should be the bolas, not the whip); and only Batman has the critical disarm-and-destroy move.

I need to stop playing this and get back to Arkham Knight, and at some point get to work on Arkham Origins.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe

Weasyl
    N/A
    There's nothing inherently wrong with splitters, just roll the dice and hope you don't get a crappy one.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    There's nothing inherently wrong with splitters, just roll the dice and hope you don't get a crappy one.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Was just wondering if anyone actually had a brand to recommend or something. Maybe my best bet would be to go with a well-known brand and check the reviews.

Oh, I just hooked up my PS3 and the 360 to my TV. PS3 works like a charm, but the 360 is LOUD AS HELL. Thing sounds like it's going to explode! But the thing is, it's been so long since I powered it on, I can't remember if this is what it always sounded like. :I Also, I'm sitting closer to it, so there's that. It doesn't eject the disc right, which I also forgot about. I have to give it a couple of thumps each time... Now I'm starting to remember why we stopped playing with this console. :/

At least the other consoles are doing fine. Not sure if I should open up the 360 again or not. At least I could clean the dust from it and see if that helps.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1479

Weasyl
    pinardilla
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    But the thing is, it's been so long since I powered it on, I can't remember if this is what it always sounded like.
    It's obnoxious in every way imaginable. There's a reason it's the console of the bros.