Page 130 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1596
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    Careful, I think on one of the last levels if you beat all of the bosses or something you get stuck.
    That's the area with the spider boss, I believe. You need to STOP fighting bosses once you get the key.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    This FUCKING onion ring.
    Best.
    Best boss.

Monster Party was a trip.
    A trip that scared the piss out of a four-year-old me,
    but I enjoyed it.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I didn't play SM64 or DK64 as a kid.

What scared me the most in games as a kid was this entire fucking thing:

The last boss, AND the ending.
    Once I get past the creepiness of it, I kind of have to laugh that the bird-man is named "Bert." Such a nonthreatening name.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Picked up Warioware: Smooth Moves.

I never would've thought I'd love a game like this. It's just so... random. If you don't mind making a fool of yourself in front of other's (I play with the windows open To further the rumors that I am a possesed mad man to those that invade my privacy), it's such a great game to unwind on. Minus a few mini games that fail to execute properly. I'm still a bit surprised at how responsive the wiimote is for the actions this game has you do.
    Sometimes I forget I have that game. ^^; Was super fun when I first got it though. Now I don't play the Wii all that much anymore...

I tried to play Smash Bros. with some friends on Saturday, but it was a total bust. None of the Wiimotes had working batteries, and I had forgotten to pick some up while we were at the store. X(

I had some GameCube controllers, but apparently the Wii doesn't like Pelican controllers (they didn't work at all. The most that happened is that one vibrated violently when I plugged it into the console). Heck, those controllers were hardly any good on the GameCube. I really wish I could find our Nintendo-brand ones... I'm reluctant to buy more, because I know that as soon as I buy replacements, the old ones will turn up somewhere. Then I'll have a bunch of extra controllers. :I

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    The thing that scared me Zelda related was Majora's Mask in general, especially Ikana Valley. I'm pretty sure that Majora's Mask is still my favorite Zelda game though, its just so interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I didn't play SM64 or DK64 as a kid.

What scared me the most in games as a kid was this entire fucking thing:

The last boss, AND the ending.
    Oh god, any sort of fleshy boss/enemy always freaks me out a bit.

Thinking of that, I didn't play Earthbound until a couple years ago but I swear that if I was a kid playing it, I would have been more frightened at Giygas and the music like this.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Giygas still horrifies me more now than as a kid. Replaying it with more mature eyes, Giygas' form was actually an ultra sound of a fetus. Kind of chilling if you ask me.

Not to mention that at that point in time, Giygas could've quite possibly been harmless and able to turn in its ways. It only fought back because it was being attacked. Fan theory anyways. Either or, Mother 3 reveals exactly who would result in the end of the world.

And it makes me wonder if Giygas was really Porky the entire time

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess

How could that be?

Weasyl
    Vae
    I've not played any of the Earthbound / Mother games,
    but wasn't Giygas just like the trapped soul or something of the original Giygas, the Mewtwo-looking alien from Mother 1?
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    How could that be?
    I'm talking about Giygas in the sense that Porky was the ultimate evil that destroys the future. What we thought was Giygas (the fetus) was nothing more than a)A Tool b) An innocent being that was killed due to a misunderstanding.

Recall, during the final boss fight in Mother 2, Porky calls "Giygas" pure evil and being too stupid to control its own power. Also recall: Porky lies about everything. It could be that what you killed was something that would've ultimately shut Porky down in the future.

It's all speculation and fan theory made by yours truly, but I figured it'd be a nice thing to share and ponder.

In short: Giygas was Porky, the fetus was something else, possibly something that was meant to stop Porky in the future. Also, it could be that Buzz Buzz didn't recognize Porky as Giygas when he came back to the past.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    I'm talking about Giygas in the sense that Porky was the ultimate evil that destroys the future. What we thought was Giygas (the fetus) was nothing more than a)A Tool b) An innocent being that was killed due to a misunderstanding.

Recall, during the final boss fight in Mother 2, Porky calls "Giygas" pure evil and being too stupid to control its own power. Also recall: Porky lies about everything. It could be that what you killed was something that would've ultimately shut Porky down in the future.

It's all speculation and fan theory made by yours truly, but I figured it'd be a nice thing to share and ponder.

In short: Giygas was Porky, the fetus was something else, possibly something that was meant to stop Porky in the future. Also, it could be that Buzz Buzz didn't recognize Porky as Giygas when he came back to the past.
    But then how did Porky rise to power in the first place? It was Giygas that made him his second in command/guardian in the first place. It could be that Porky (being the asshole character that he is) wanted Ness and the others to destroy Giygas. But I don't think Porky was quite the mastermind at that point in time. He just broke the Devil Machine to destroy Ness in his madness/arrogance.

I always thought it was implied that Giygas had a terrible effect on Porky and made him even more despicable.

I do really love that "abortion" theory though because the people who made Mother were always sneaking in weird humor and darker stuff that you wouldn't expect to see in a kids game at the time. Also, you gotta wonder why Giygas took the form of Ness's face near the end. Strange hmm?

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    But then how did Porky rise to power in the first place? It was Giygas that made him his second in command/guardian in the first place. It could be that Porky (being the asshole character that he is) wanted Ness and the others to destroy Giygas. But I don't think Porky was quite the mastermind at that point in time. He just broke the Devil Machine to destroy Ness in his madness/arrogance.

I always thought it was implied that Giygas had a terrible effect on Porky and made him even more despicable.

I do really love that "abortion" theory though because the people who made Mother were always sneaking in weird humor and darker stuff that you wouldn't expect to see in a kids game at the time. Also, you gotta wonder why Giygas took the form of Ness's face near the end. Strange hmm?
    According to fan speculation, that was how Giygas showing signs of friendship. It's akin to how a baby mimics to be playful.

Also, it's a stretch to say this, but I always assumed that Porky was always Giygas in a sense that he himself goes back in time to set his course earlier so he can rule at a younger age. Or perhaps he went back in time to warn past Pokey of the "Giygas" that was doomed to destroy him which launches a plot to have Ness and friends kill it for him. As for the devil Machine, perhaps it was simply a way to contain Giygas and prevent him from getting out to destroy Porky. Porky does mention that the devil machine was a way of containing Giygas' power. It also explains why Porky was so scared and nervous to be around Giygas.

Its sort of how I'm viewing all of this, especially considering all the shit that goes on in Mother 3. If Mother 2 was supposed to be conclusive of this future evil, then why did what happened in Mother 3 happen?

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    I think Tobahi's theory is certainly interesting. I mean, considering how Giegue (Mother 1 alien) retreats after the crew's singing that it may have had an emotional response. It seems odd that Giegue defeated simply by a song. I think more than anything it regretted it's actions when hearing the song because it brought memories of Maria and with that its memories of the good parts of humanity.

We all know that after Giegue retreats that it comes back for Mother 2 but we really have no idea why or why exactly it's form is completely different.

It could be possible that Giegue actually knew what was coming and had tried to stop it. Hence Porky somehow entrapping Giegue and turning it into Giygas.