Page 127 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1596
    Well, I pulled out of Volk territory and tried to take on the Asian-themed Shai-Gen gang.

Bad idea.

Hit squads fucking everywhere, shredding my health and armor. I got near the genetics lab next to a supply point, and holy shit is that lab loaded with enemies, and those enemies are heavily armed: machine guns, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, lots of body armor, and a ton of explosive barrels. I must have been killed six times.

I did manage to (barely) complete a car race, mostly on foot. I was just starting it, took the first turn, and right before I would have hit the first checkpoint my car is blown to shit up into the air by a pair of RPGs. Well, at least I finished.

Then I decided to attack the genetics lab and managed to eventually get the grenade/rocket guns; I'll be using those to exterminate the enemy, but I'll have to be sensible about it because he has an endless reserve of help.

I might just slink back to the Muertos territory, since it's now liberated, and do a mix of collecting more orbs and doing various races (my driving skills are terrible, just horrible, and my agility can always use a boost; I'm obviously leveling guns and strength by shooting and punching enemies, and randomly blowing shit up).

God, Crackdown is such a fucking awesome game. Tragedy that the sequel was a dud. I hope someone eventually makes a third game for the current systems, because we really do need a pro-law super-soldier GTA game.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Finished another session of Army of Two: The 40th Day with my dad. Aside from my nephew borderline demanding that we let him play The Last of Us, and the multiple times we let him play AOT just to get him to behave (being not even 5, he's obviously a terrible player), it was a fairly good session.

We got out of the zoo, cleared the hospital, and are almost into the mall. There have been numerous issues, though:

1) The loading is a pain in the ass. Takes goddamn forever when loading the mission/area, and we thought the game glitched on us when we survived a fight only to walk super-slow and not be able to progress because the graphics for our area hadn't finished being rendered, even though they looked like they had finished (this series has always had meh graphics).

2) The amount of ammo. I bought the 20% primary ammo drop increase, and yet I swear that I am really running out sometimes, to the point where my pistol becomes my primary. What's most disturbing is that, in all honesty, I am absolutely certain that the game actively reduces your ammo reserves if you have to redo an area because you got killed (which will happen a lot, especially in split-screen).

3) The enemies. It's hard to tell them from the environment sometimes (I don't know how they blend in so well, they're wearing black-and-red riot gear for fuck's sake), and what's worse is that they bum-rush you in waves with little or no time between to gather supplies; a similar issue is when you can't see the enemies across the map and have almost no ammo for your long-range weapons. Even worse are the heavy enemies, whether with a mere shotgun or the mini-bosses armed with Gatling guns, grenade launchers, or flamethrowers (though admittedly this last guy was surprisingly easy to take out, compared to the others). The ugliest problem with the enemies is that they spawn some of them in the worst spots when you need the area to be clear, which is how me and my dad spent probably half an hour clearing just one area (fucking mounted guns and RPGs...).

4) The save system. The game undoes any alterations you make if you die before you reach the next checkpoint/mission end. I am utterly serious. My dad and I had to rebuy and recustomize all of the things we'd gotten just right because we died while fighting the flamethrower heavy. I have no idea what the fuck EA was thinking (aside from "We're EA and we only want your fucking money") with this. It only serves to raise frustration and artificially lengthen and toughen the game.

5) The fact that you have to choose to drag your partner before you are allowed to heal them. It could have just been another button instead of the prerequisite one, EA.

6) The hostages can be a real pain in the ass. The game makes it very difficult to save them sometimes, it really can, placing a grunt in the way of the officer so that you have to kill him or do a co-op snipe to even come close to saving the civilian. And then you still have to run up and press the button to save them, leaving them vulnerable and exposing you to enemy fire in some cases. Should have been fewer hostage situations and they should not be overly difficult.

7) I really would have liked more preset masks. I know you can go online and make some really impressive custom ones and download them, but I don't see why an extra row or two couldn't have been added; it's not like we're unlocking them the way the first game did things.

I've watched reviews of Devil's Cartel, and I'm going to say that unless I can find the game super-cheap, I won't even bother. Everything about it is terrible, which really upsets me because as unabashedly dumb and ridiculous as this series is, the third just fucking loses itself. So much fail in a product I want to like. The masks, outfits, and tattoos are things I want to play around with, but I won't subject my dad to it. Once we finish with 40th Day, possibly doing a second run using fully-customized gear and infinite ammo, we'll do Future Soldier and play around with that.

I think I'll leave it at that for now. Need to make some more Arkham City and Crackdown progress.

So Capcom just a day or so ago announced a Resident Evil 0 remaster.

For fuck's sake, they need to do an HD remaster of 2 and 3, especially the second.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I had to roll my eyes at yet another remaster.

Almost completely done with my new game on Arkham City. Completed all side missions (except Riddler and Advanced AR), solved all riddles and collected all riddle trophies, and completed all but one Riddler Challenge (gliding for 30 meters less than 5 meters above the ground/water, but that is done automatically when you do the Advanced AR training).

Going to finish Catwoman's riddle trophies and physical challenge, then take out all the Tyger security cameras before doing the last AR challenges, and after that I'll rescue the Riddler hostages and take down the smug bastard.

Currently cleaning up the town using the Earth One costume. It's really grown on me.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Finally got started on Fallout New Vegas and i'm liking it so far. A bit disappointed that the map appears to be smaller than Fallout 3 but none the less excited to explore around.

Funny thing though, I came across a glitch within five minutes of the game, Oh Bethesda. 8'D

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    Bought Devil Survivor Overclocked and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Devil Survivor is amazing. Nothing like fighting angels and demons in Tokyo in a JRPG x Turn-based strategy game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    So Capcom just a day or so ago announced a Resident Evil 0 remaster.
    Dammit
    I just bought RE 0 on Gamecube a few days ago. Well, I'll say this, its a beautiful game so I'm looking forward to it. But damn.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

The good news is that playing the GameCube version means you can use cheat codes to get your favorite weapon(s) infinite ammo.

Once, you know, you buy a cheat device for it.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I'll be honest. Super disappointed in Splatoon. But that's what I get for being hyped up for a Nintendo game. As if I'm not let down enough. But this...kinda hurt. :c
    What was bad about it or what did you not like about it? :0

Decided to just skip three of the four Advanced AR chores (only needed to do the one by the cranes for gliding height and distance Riddler challenge) and just rescue the remaining hostages and take down Riddler.

For the first time, I actually caused one of the hostages to die. I moved through Riddler's hideout just fine, and was under him to take him out, but I was just a smidge too far next to the hostage and their helmet sensed me.

Kaboom.

But then I punched the smug bastard's lights out next try.

Calling it quits there for now since only three Advanced AR chores are left on that file, and I'll never bother doing those since that save isn't my main (which is the one I need to finish up anyway).

Going to start Heavenly Sword this weekend, maybe. Also going to devote more time to Crackdown.