Page 114 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1596
    Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    when i say "but still" in that last post i was saying that yes it was harder for me when i first played yellow because i was 8 but the new pokemon games are still overly easy compared to the originals.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    no im serious. i re-played pokemon yellow and training takes hours, yet with the new stuff it takes a couple of minutes and that with the new games you can 1-hit almost every thing yet on the old ones you had to use strtagy to win.
    -anonomus

-ישועה

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    I honestly second Rilvor because as a kid I never actually beat my first Pokemon game (gold) when I was about six years old. Whereas when I picked it up the other day I beat it easily.

I mean I think the only thing i'd say is different is I find you travel much more quickly at the start of the newer games as well as having quicker battles (shorter animation/ choice as to speed of animation) but other than that its still the same formula, just with better graphics and more features. XD

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    eh i guess we all have our weakness and our strength, but anyway speaking of pokemon whats your opinions on the new "faire" type?
    -anonomus

-ישועה

Weasyl
    Vae
    I will say, strictly speaking of the original RBY vs FRLG, that FRLG felt a lot easier because of some of the new moves from that gen.
    As a charmander player, I remember I had a fucking charmelion before I fought Brock in RB, as opposed to just spamming metal claw in FRLG.

And I remember I had a level 80 charizard before I fought ... eh... whathisface. The fire gym leader. That was during my original run on Blue, before the cart ate my gamesave.

But I haven't played enough of the new Pokemons to make a judgement otherwise.
    Have em, just haven't devoted the time / attention there, yet.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    heh. try beating brock with a pikachu at LV. 21 back then event that was hard.
    -anonomus

-ישועה

Weasyl
    N/A
    It is a joy to complete Gen 2 games with a thunder/icepunching Furret.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    yeah i know what you mean. it was weird how on silver (yes even the remake) my quivila always evolved into a typhosion in the secret team rocket base.
    -anonomus

-ישועה

It was brutally hard when I was only about 12 and playing Red on my GBC, trying to use Charmeleon and Pikachu to take down Brock. Hell, everything was hard, even with an official strategy guide (really do wish I had that particular one, it had great art). My Charmander was evolving too fast and disobeying every damn order because the game didn't give me badges to control it often enough, and even catching a bunch of other Pokes wasn't helping because then I had to level them up and make sure they had moves that didn't suck and blah blah blah.

Nowadays it is far easier for me to actually think ahead and plan out what I'm going to need and going to do. I know which Pokes I want and can understand why I need this move over that move, accounting for type coverage in battles to make up for my team's weaknesses and exploit the enemies' vulnerabilities. And boy, do you need to do that, because SoulSilver Red or Platinum Cynthia could tear RBY Lance/Blue to shreds.

Can you beat some of the games with just one Pokemon, of a generally laughable breed? Yes, you can, but just answering yes doesn't mean you can dick around and win infinitely. You may beat a game with just Magikarp, but that's because he has been changed to make that possible (Bounce), whereas before you couldn't even think of struggling the enemy's entire team to death. You have to have at least some idea of what you're doing when you go solo like that, even so easy as the older games are.

I have no desire whatsoever to play a solo run, or a Nuzlocke run, or anything other than how I play, so ultimately this matter is strictly one of conversational nature to me.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.