Page 104 of 160 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1596
    Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    I don't think there's anything wrong with games trying to be like older titles as long as they don't take any of the bad parts of older titles with them when they try to do so. I mean games like Freedom Planet and Cave Story are pretty fun despite their aged looks. And while not out yet, A Hat in Time is looking like a nice throwback to collectathons and such, but with a visual style that's more reminiscent of Zelda: Windwaker. I just don't want any of the bad stuff of old.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlechili1 View Post
    Here: http://i.imgur.com/sIfuKrV.jpg

My experience with the Rune Factory series tells me that Rune Factory 4 would be a pretty good buy at least, if you like ARPGs and farming games like Harvest Moon. II perhaps? Playing the original for me nowadays is extremely tedious and annoying, but I can still go back to and enjoy II for just how much it added, changed, and improved. And there's always the HD Remixes to help give it a newer, better look.
    Ooh, handy! Thankee. Rune Factory 4 might be worth a pickup, I need to look more into it considering the price of 3DS games. So far I've got Steamworld Dig and Fallblox, enjoying them immensely. KHII might still be enjoyable, but it's been a while. If I ever get a PS3 again I'll get the HD version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    You know it's when modern games try to be retro that tends to be a bit off-putting. I think nothing emphasizes the disconnect better than those games.
    Maybe that's part of the problem for me. I play a lot of retro-type games and compare them to what inspired them, and it's just not the same. 'Retro' games are too focused on minimal art design and nostalgia than actually creating something new, and it always falls short.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I love the 2DS. I fucking sold my original DS day one for that. Fuck that thing. I could never stand the clamshell design from the SP until now. Way too uncomfortable. I can't recommend anything other than A Link Between Worlds honestly. I actually have yet to find anything else I was willing to keep aside from that and Smash Bros.
    Inorite? It always felt like you had to kinda claw at those things to get a good grip. Good lord the cramps. In a portable console I need comfort first and foremost. I'll pick up ALBW soon, watched a couple of speedruns and I am INTO it. 2DS seems like something I can really enjoy, more so than console or PC gaming. I am a filthy casual and it feels good! \:3/

What do you think of Smash so far? I downloaded the demo, but so far I'm not really feeling it. Controls feel a little weird to me.

Don't worry BlueJay, when you get to Beavis and Butthead you'll get a real challenge. You can't cheese that boss encounter in any way that I am aware of. It is then that we shall see if you have been able to "Git gud". How do you like the game at this point? Have you had to use a guide?
    I'll have to summon Solaire, I think it is, to help, because I know I'll end up having problems with that encounter. I specifically want to kill Smough first on this run, so that I can get Ornstein's drops and armor, which I like more and he'll be tougher to take out second on NGP, so I'm saving myself more trouble.

I still like the game. It has very good visuals, nice powers, weapons, and attire, and some great enemies and environments. I do like Sif, and not just because I'm fond of wolves in general, but goddamn it to hell if that fight wasn't much harder than I've seen it as played by others. Losing all of my soul levels is still infuriating. I'm also not very fond of item degradation, managing repairs is just tedious and dumb so far as I'm concerned. And I can't enough express my general distaste of the multiplayer.

But I intend to finish the game twice, getting the evil ending on my second run. After that I'll probably drop it almost completely to free myself some time and energy. Collecting some of the rare weapons and spells will take a lot of time, which I'll probably have to do in NGP for a bunch of them (such as the Gaping Dragon's tail axe, since apparently the Gargoyle Tail Axe can be gotten either during the boss fight or in Anor Londo, I think; my mistake each time had been using a weapon that thrust instead of slashed and struck).

And I have been using a guide, several in fact. It helps to see what items and enemies are where, and what it takes to defeat them (stone golems in Darkroot will be annoying, but with my Pyromancy Flame at +9, I should be able to take them down without significant effort so that I can clean the area of items). Upgrading my Estus Flask is a laborious process, though.

I'm probably going to be either really lucky or really unlucky once I move to Dark Souls II. Either a lot of people are going to be re-/playing it in anticipation of the rerelease and I'll be invaded out the ass (since FS decided in their infinite wisdom to make invasions possible while undead), or it'll be a ghost town since the majority have upgraded. Only time will tell.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Sounds like you're enjoying it about as much as I did haha. Overall Dark Souls is a good game, but not necessarily a great game. It is fair to call it a challenging game and I think anyone who likes RPGs or Adventure games could benefit from playing through it once. I never really had a problem with invasions since I largely completed the game Hollowed, the benefits of being Human weren't really necessary. I think you had trouble with Sif because you sequence broke to fight him, you weren't meant to go there yet. That's like on my first playthrough where I went to Blighttown and fought Chaos Witch Quelaag before I even fought the Capra Demon.

My biggest issue with Souls games has always been the abysmal hit detection. Like the really, really stupid hit detection. Apparently Souls II is even worse for that. I'll play it one day, but I'm in no rush to do so.

From this point on you're going to find some parts of the game infuriating and some parts a complete steamroll. It's kinda weirdly balanced like that.

I think you had trouble with Sif because you sequence broke to fight him, you weren't meant to go there yet. That's like on my first playthrough where I went to Blighttown and fought Chaos Witch Quelaag before I even fought the Capra Demon.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/606312-d...uls/faqs/63351

That is the main guide I use, though Youtube videos and IGN's walkthrough also give me some advice here and there. Aside from not killing the Hellkite (for easy currency via farming) and not killing the Stray Demon (don't feel ready yet), I've visited each area in order. I did, apparently, jump ahead a bit and fight Sif when I should have cleared Darkroot more (plan to do that tonight) and then moved to other areas and then returned to fight Sif later. Foolish of me, but whatever.

The only two things I lament from doing so are losing my soul levels (and with them my item discovery) and not playing the DLC before killing Sif, which cost me a touching alternate scene; I'll be sure not to do that on my NGP run through next time. (But then, that'll be my "I'm an asshole and do whatever I want" run, so yeah, a bit of a contradiction).

edit:
    Got the Wolf Ring, but the sheer amount of Giant Stone Knights around the Elite Knight Set (which I'd like to collect anyway, even if I never use it) is a little distasteful to me, and I don't have the time or energy this night to fight them, so I'll wait until I do before cleaning up the area. At least those frogs aren't so dangerous. Also opened up some paths blocked by living trees.
    Last edited by BlueJaySF; 03-15-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    What do you think of Smash so far? I downloaded the demo, but so far I'm not really feeling it. Controls feel a little weird to me.
    I have the 3DS version but never bothered to play it because the console version is so much better. The new Smash controls light years better than Brawl (in my opinion) and I love the Wii U game pad; with my extreme myopia the screen is all I could ever ask for when playing a console.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...After-All.html

This is what happens when you go off half-cocked.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    I actually liked the slower floatiness of Brawl. Also miss Subspace Emissary.

Still Sm4sh really did improve a lot of things and those things were just a personal preference. Metaknight's nerf was much needed.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    N/A
    All this has put me off Smash 3DS, think I'll save the €50 for something else.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    No chain grabbing. No ledgehogging. No DI. Just wonderful. Not as floaty and no tripping either. God Brawl was terrible. And Metaknight got the nerf he deserved.
    Agreed, on all points. Sm4sh (and once again I'm speaking from the perspective of playing the console version, not the 3DS one) is just tighter and more balanced-feeling overall. I do still miss Subspace Emissary, but that might also be because the co-op on that mode was hilarious and somehow ridiculously fun.

In other news, the new Guild Wars 2 patch they rolled out yesterday has some...interesting bugs. Like my character randomly shouting dialogue that normally only comes from the opposite gender, different race and profession entirely. The camera changes however are pretty wiz.
    Last edited by Sparkyopteryx; 03-17-2015 at 03:28 PM.