Page 102 of 160 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1596
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I suppose they should've started looking for work elsewhere the moment EA acquired their studio. It was a bit foolish to think they'd be any different than the previous victims.

You're more than welcome to!

Went human, kept my ethernet disconnected from when my cat was sick, used Pyromancy Fireball to take down the Stone Golem in Darkroot Forest (took four shots, and he buffed himself with a slowness that transferred to me when he slugged me with that damn-big sword of his). Summoned Witch Beatrice, slaughtered the Moonlight Butterfly (a shame, a rather beautiful creature and very ethereal theme), and proceeded to get the Tower Key and Divine Ember and gave the latter to Andre, and then ascended my short bow +5 to raw +0.

Going to hold off on further upgrades for now and upgrade my Pyromancy Flame another level, as well as maybe either upgrade my stats once or buying one of Griggs's rings (probably Bellowing). Leveling is unlikely because I'm at 52 and it takes almost 17k to up myself now (really can't wait to farm in Painted World). Lautrec decided to share his plan to move to another spot with me, and mentioned the Fire Keeper across from him has served him well and EVIL LAUGHTER. I know I'm able to revive her at some later point, but what a douche.

Maybe I'll upgrade my halberd along the standard path. Silver Mont took down Nito with a +7 standard halberd, and I can always used charcoal pine resin to give it temporary flame properties if I don't feel like using a bunch of fire spells (speaking of which, I still have one I need to buy from Laurentius...and I still have a bunch of spells I need to buy from Petrus).

Speaking of that tub of lard, can I save Rhea, grab a couple things from that pit, visit her in the Parish Church, get everything I need, then get Petrus to be a bastard to her as I've read he turns? I kind of want to trade that Pendant of hers since I didn't choose it as my starting gift.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I don't know, really. It's not something in the game I've ever given the time for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I don't know, really. It's not something in the game I've ever given the time for.
    Having read a bit on the Dark Souls wikidot, I can just farm Crow Demons for Souvenirs of Reprisal, which is what I'd get for trading the Pendant after letting Rhea be killed by Petrus. I'll just farm those and be nice to her for this run.

Since the Watchtower Basement Key works on the door that earlier kept me from killing Havel the Rock, I opened it (didn't expect it to, just went up to the door and it unlocked when I tried it, which I was very surprised by). Lured him upstairs, and used the trick of having him attack at the external door. My halberd +5 made slow but steady work of him, and now I have his ring (armor to follow eventually).

So apparently you can't use the indictment unless you were just killed and have it in your inventory, meaning the clown that killed me is flying high. Fucking forced multiplayer. Joining the Forest Hunter covenant also created a sin on my character, meaning I have to pay almost 27k to that dick Oswald if I want to absolve it (fuck that, because I barely have enough as it is).

After joining the FH, I used the kicking trick to push the Pharis Bow FH ghost off her little ridge and then off the cliff, reloaded and got the bow, hat, and a humanity, I think. That goddamn crystal lizard keeps escaping me, and if it wasn't for trading a bunch of stuff to Snuggly, I'd be very upset.

Need to pillage Darkroot Garden completely, but that will take a good while. I'm not strong enough to stand much chance against Sif yet, so I'll be retreading old grounds mostly.

I put on the Cat Ring and hopefully I can just get one more kill for the Fog Ring and then I don't need to worry about being killed by super-powerful hosts and their super-powerful buddies left and right.

edit:
    Got killed numerous times by overpowered hosts, but after I jumped to my death as a fuck you to two of them, another FH player killed the target and I got to receive the Fog Ring from Alvina. Now I don't need to wear that Cat Ring until I'm level one trillion like everyone else. Also managed to kill that stupid crystal lizard.

Bought a $20 card for PSN, downloaded the Artorias DLC but holding off for now on the Arkham Origins DLC Cold, Cold Heart.

My PS3 restarted twice on me of its own accord, so I filed a report when prompted and checked the files (thankfully nothing was corrupted).

Weasyl
    N/A
    In the face of continuing advancements in gaming, has anyone else found their nostalgia called into question? I recently got a PS2 and built a collection of classic games very easily and very cheaply. But it doesn't entertain me! I've been spoiled by games recently. As an example, let's take Psychonauts for PS2. I love this game, though I must confess to playing the PC version first. It was a great experience, despite the occasional performance issue on my crappy laptop. The PS2 version suffers from noticeable frame rate issues, control issues, and all manner of complaints. Same with such classics like Vice City and Kingdom Hearts: great at the time, but pale in comparison to current games in their respective genres. I am of the opinion that gaming continues to improve as time goes on. As things continue to improve, I personally find it harder and harder to look back on previous game generations as any more than stepping stones. For example, I loved Golden Axe when I was young. Being as objective as I can now, it's hard to even grade that game past the 'only a little crap' category. Same with Pokemon Blue compared with Pokemon X.

I just cant enjoy 'old' games anymore, apart from a few stellar exceptions. There is a reason there's a Super Metroid poster in my bedroom, it was a perfect gameplay experience and had a lasting impact on me on what a good game should be. The 2D Metroid's that came after could only emulate what made the series popular.

I can't say the same, largely. I think the only example would be Pokemon Blue. I played Red on Game Boy Color when I was a kid, and only had Blue for a little while. Fast forward to several months back, and I downloaded an emulator to my iPhone and got Blue, Crystal, and some other old games. I started playing, and didn't do too badly, but it was a stark reminder indeed of how far things have come.

Sadly, the iOS updates have apparently made it impossible to play my emulator anymore, it would seem. I have older games I'd like to play, from way back, even, and many that are not too old (within the last generation or two). A whole load of much older games are on my Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection disc, and I intend to try them out as much as possible and even beat a good number of them.

It's been a while since I've played any of the downloaded XBL Arcade games. I know I replayed the X-Men Arcade game recently, but since the start of the year, I haven't touched the console. I have a bunch of retro games on it (Secret of Monkey Island SE, TMNT Arcade, Castlevania: SOTN, and I think one other game), and I am still planning in rounding off some more achievements for them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    So from what I can tell you can appreciate a classic game for the most part. You disagree with me, but you haven't really given me a counterpoint as to why. Is there a reason in particular you still want to play classic games?