Page 36 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    You should try and help out Pinar if you can. He's got a few questions about custom arcade sticks.
    Oh yus? If I see him around maybe I'll give him a shout. Sadly right now I don't know who that is. o.o

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Bones View Post
    Oh yus? If I see him around maybe I'll give him a shout. Sadly right now I don't know who that is. o.o
    Basically I was wondering if there were reasonably-priced prefab housings available somewhere. I can probably wire all the guts together on my own, but my carpentry skills are not too great.

I'm just too cheap to shell out $100+ on a non-garbage stick controller.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Basically I was wondering if there were reasonably-priced prefab housings available somewhere. I can probably wire all the guts together on my own, but my carpentry skills are not too great.

I'm just too cheap to shell out $100+ on a non-garbage stick controller.
    Well, the problem there is even if you build the stick yourself, all the proper parts you're going to want to make the stick fairly good are going to come out to around $100 anyway. You'd honestly be better off looking for something like a Madcatz Pro or maybe getting a Qanba Q1 and then switching the parts out yourself. It's still going to be around the $100 price range no matter how you look at it for a tournament-grade stick.

Besides that, I'd say Googling for empty arcade stick cases or getting some tools and making your own would be the best bet.

The Qanba Q1 on it's own isn't terrible, but it is a stick that performs much better with upgrades.
    Last edited by Lucy Bones; 04-22-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Bones View Post
    Well, the problem there is even if you build the stick yourself, all the proper parts you're going to want to make the stick fairly good are going to come out to around $100 anyway. You'd honestly be better off looking for something like a Madcatz Pro or maybe getting a Qanba Q1 and then switching the parts out yourself. It's still going to be around the $100 price range no matter how you look at it for a tournament-grade stick.

Besides that, I'd say Googling for empty arcade stick cases or getting some tools and making your own would be the best bet.

The Qanba Q1 on it's own isn't terrible, but it is a stick that performs much better with upgrades.
    I may just get that Qanba then and use it stock until if/when I decide I need to upgrade. The only stick I knew about in that price range was the Madcatz SE with the PCB-eating washer, which is why I had gone straight to thinking about custom sticks.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    I may just get that Qanba then and use it stock until if/when I decide I need to upgrade. The only stick I knew about in that price range was the Madcatz SE with the PCB-eating washer, which is why I had gone straight to thinking about custom sticks.
    The main problems with the Q1 is that the buttons are a bit cheap and the stick itself isn't a Sanwa, which is the best quality you can get. However, replacing the stick inside it with a Sanwa isn't very difficult at all.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #356

Weasyl
    Term
    Mercenary Kings is my new crack.

Equal parts Metal Slug, Borderlands, and Monster Hunter.

The best part of it all? Absolutely free with PS+.

If you have a PS4 and a PS+ membership, get this game while you still can.

Even if you don't, it's an incredible value. Lots of game in this package. A little repetitive but if you play it like I do in short increment at a time when you're just trying to kill some time, it's a blast every time.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    That's what my Co worker plays in between Realm Reborn which has admittedly become our new crack

I think the 20 dollar price with the free 30 days w.o credit card sucked us in.

Party chat while playing has made it more fun, wish there are 3rd party voice chat clients on PS4 that are PC compatible

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I'm not hooked on anything! Been dying to have fun with a good game for a while though.

Nothing really interesting to me is around right now. :[

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    Should be getting a 3DS soon now that I have birthday money.
    Now I've gotta figure out what game I want to get on it first. So many games I want. Bravely Default, Cave Story 3D, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Zelda: OoT 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, KH 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Pokemon X/Y, Project X Zone, Rune Factory 4, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Starfox 64 3D. So many choices. Can't afford more than one game after I get a 3DS.

Any suggestions on which I should go for first?

EDIT: Huh, I was just playing Mega Man 2 last night.
    Last edited by Battlechili1; 04-23-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!