Page 135 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1596
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    Supposedly there is a Day of the Tentacle Remastered edition in the works.

I am crossing my fingers that this is so.
    Me too! I've been wanting to play that game for at least ten years! xD
    I've just never gotten a copy to play on my pc!

Weasyl
    Namba
    So... Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 has just been announced... ohmanohmanOHMANOHMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weasyl
    Namba
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    He's not lying which means he can keep breathing.
    So we're getting Fallout 4, a real Castlevania, a real Rare platformer, a WipEout spiritual successor, Doom 4, Raiden V, people are excited for XCom 2, and now Tony Hawk PS5. Let's. Fucking. Go.
    New games we've wanted and classic returns that aren't stagnant graphical remasters.
    I know, right??? THPSHD was alright, but I want something FRESH and it looks like we're getting it. Went ahead and pre-ordered that shit, and now that Rare has a new platform game coming out and Bethesda has announced another Fallout, I have all I need for now

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Splatoon..

Left a very good first impression for me. I was expecting matchmaking and its online to suck, but I haven't had a single bad match. My only real gripe with the multiplayer is the fact that you can't be paired on the same team if your friends join your game. I'm half and half on how they do map cycling, cause that at least prevents people from playing he same map over and over again like it is in cs (De_dust2).

More DLC is said to launch for the game for free so I'm eagerly looking forward to that. Additionally, the single player isn't that bad at all. The intro levels are pretty standard thus far, but then again I only got up to level 3 done until I got invites from my friends to play.

I have the amiibos for this game, and apparently, they unlock challenges. When I finish up the campaign, I'll give those a shot. But either or, this is the IP that Nintendo needs. I mean, this is the game that got my die hard PS4 only friends to buy a Wii U, and I can see why.

The 8/10~8.5/10 rating is well deserved atm. I really hope we will get to see future splatoon game releases in the future.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I think dodging every bit of advertisement and Nintendo directs talking about the game made it 5000 times more enjoyable for me. I recommend it highly.

Just beat Army of Two: The 40th Day (PS3) with my dad. Jesus, that game could have used a bit more play-testing and forethought.

It took us at least six tries (probably closer to ten) to get past the big stairs that serve as the final battle.

*Swarm of dudes right when you come through the door, with seemingly varying ability to instant-down you/your partner, and two of them have shields.
    *Two mounted machine guns, one standing with armored front and the other just a turret all the way in the back. Not fun or easy to snipe those guys over and over since more dudes take their place, and the far one's placement makes it impossible to do anything other than shoot the bastards' hands. Unless you've been managed to unlock damn-near everything up until now, you likely do not have the ammo needed to snipe these dudes repeatedly and deal with...
    *...The three Heavies. Just outrageous. You have two Shotgun Heavies (one at the top, one at the bottom) that come at you like lightning, and you also have a Grenade Heavy from the top. What is ridiculous is that the Grenade Heavy's explosions cause you to constantly wince, which really distracts from the gameplay and your efficiency. And on the sections just prior to this, you have to deal with a Gatling Heavy and two Shotgun Heavies. At least they give you marginal backup if you save the civilians.
    *Tons of dudes. Almost too many. Or actually too many, take your pick. Every time you think you have your spot cleared out, chances are there's a guy you didn't see hiding behind a box waiting to strike. And then there's making sure that they're dead, because dropping them doesn't mean killing them.
    *Dying undoes any customization actions. Why bother saving the changes when you exit the customization menu if they're undone just from you dying? Stupid move, EA.

Since it was after nine when we beat the game (we chose to kill the villain, because obviously), there wasn't time enough to do Extraction Mode. We did change our outfits (and probably our masks next time we play) and start a new game, and made our first moral choice again (this game choosing the negative option, which we'll be doing for all of them). I doubt we'll unlock everything, especially since that would mean saving all civilians, which is damn hard to do, but we should get a ton more stuff opened up before tackling Extraction Mode.

After that, we'll probably fuck around with infinite ammo for a run through and then start Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Since I have plenty of time, I decided to wait until Wednesday to buy Fallout 4 for my dad for Father's Day. I'll only be getting the regular edition, especially since I also need to get myself 12 more months of XBL Gold. Also need to remember to reserve One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, but that doesn't come out until August 25th, I think, so I have time on that.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    I think dodging every bit of advertisement and Nintendo directs talking about the game made it 5000 times more enjoyable for me. I recommend it highly.
    This is what I tend to do for new games I want to play. I don't like knowing too much about them, keeps things a surprise.

Meanwhile, my friends won't shut up about them and basically try to describe to me every trailer and ad that comes out for the game. :I

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    This is what I tend to do for new games I want to play. I don't like knowing too much about them, keeps things a surprise.

Meanwhile, my friends won't shut up about them and basically try to describe to me every trailer and ad that comes out for the game. :I
    I really try to do this with movies and games now. It honestly just kinda ruins the thrill of a game or movie if you know every bit of whats going to happen. Its tough to hold off from all the info but when you do its really rewarding.

Beat Crackdown.

The ending is almost perfect, but then the devs decided to pull a "hahaha, we're actually evil and thanks for doing all the hard work for us to become invincible dictators, moron!" gaffe and fuck it to hell. Honestly, the Director lays out how the city is finally getting cleaned up, how crime is all but gone and the long-suffering citizenry has hope back, and people have their lives as their own for once, and you get a heartwarming thank you...

...And then the cruelest damn laugh, and he mocks you as nothing but a stooge for the city's new totalitarian regime.

Back when the second game was being made, previews I read detailed how the plot was that the Agency had actually been corrupt and was taking over and shit, but I thought that was just for the sequel. I felt like that was a slap in the face then, but now that I actually see it was there from the start, the insult is worse than ever.

Fucking horrible.

I'm going to ask my comic shop clerk if he wants a free 360 game to co-op with a buddy should he ever get a 360. If he doesn't, then I'm selling it. I'm close to having all 500 agility orbs, and roughly halfway on the 300 hidden orbs, but with how depressing the ending is, I just don't feel like bothering. Besides, I have a piss-ton of other games to play.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.