Page 126 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1596
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    EDIT: ...Vae. You are vulgar as fuck on stream. lmao
    It's wonderful.
    I am vulgar as fuck in general. You should play CAH with me sometime. Lol.

That's just the way I talk.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I am vulgar as fuck in general. You should play CAH with me sometime. Lol.

That's just the way I talk.
    Haha, I'm kind of the opposite. I don't swear much and it's kind of weird, considering that most of my friends do.

Also, CAH is so freaking fun. .3.
    Wasn't there a CAH thread on here a while back?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1253

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    Haha, I'm kind of the opposite. I don't swear much and it's kind of weird, considering that most of my friends do.

Also, CAH is so freaking fun. .3.
    Wasn't there a CAH thread on here a while back?
    It's in Forum Activities! https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...nd-we-re-Xyzzy
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Oh dear, I have so many games I haven't even started yet...
    I know I have at least two Phoenix Wright games, and two Megaman games left unplayed... And another of each that I've started but haven't finished. All of those are DS games. I still haven't got to finish my Pokemon X, either, because I haven't been able to borrow my brother's 3DS (I don't have one, myself).

Then there's my copy of Ground Zeroes that I still haven't got to yet, because I haven't finished Peace Walker (both are Metal Gear Solid games).

Actually, Never Alone is another game I have but haven't started. You are referring to "Kisima Inŋitchuŋa", right? Dunno if there are other games called Never Alone, but I just wanna make sure. ^^;

(Yeah, I should probably stop buying games for a while. :p)
    Yup, that's the Never Alone to which I was referring! The Mac version came out recently, so I'm interested in picking it up. Then again, a Wii U version is supposedly coming out in June, and I'm saving up for one, so I might hold out until I buy the system instead. I prefer console gaming to gaming on my computer.

Just beat Fable Anniversary. Here are my thoughts:

The game is less a then-new-gen remastering of a beloved classic and more of a high-def port with downloadable content and achievements thrown in (the achievements are actually pretty clever for the most part, and worth getting some of the miscellaneous ones, especially one developer Lionhead put in there very clearly just to make you get it).

The menus are what really got the benefit of this update, no longer so cluttered and hard to navigate as they once were. Still, they hold onto some of their old problems, such as the tattoo or haircut/beard cards being too tilted when looking at them. There is still also the "get super-rich before even taking the first quest" tactic available to the player, which means you accept the first post-graduation quest and then take the path next to it, rushing through several maps and making sure to collect one particular item and plenty of gold, leveling up only your guile, and then selling-then-buying the item over and over for massive experience and money to this one town's merchant. You'd think Lionhead would have put up better barriers after all this time, but I suppose that most people won't bother with that track from the start anyway (it does take a lot of time to really get traction on it before the big payoff).

The game does have more insidious and obscenity-worthy problems, though. ALL of the bugs/glitches from the very first Fable (2004) are present, including the character aging nearly a year per upgrade (which openly clashes with the entire goddamn story) and the total removal of any ability to progress if you choose to become the mayor of this one town. Literally, if you say yes, you absolutely cannot complete the game any further and are forced to either load an earlier save or start from scratch. The game still suffers from freezing sometimes (I only froze twice), which means you need to check your inventory for missing items each time, especially those precious silver keys.

The save system has been thankfully improved, giving you better chances of not having to quit a quest right in the middle of things.

The sound is still off: some of the voices are hard to hear, meaning you need subtitles on, but even with them there are characters who say things that you'll just barely make out. Optimization/normalization clearly were not high on the list of priorities here. The music is still good, though.

Quests are still good and varied, my favorite being the one you first visit Knothole Glade for, but there are a fair few others that are fun to undertake (beware the man in Bowerstone Quay, on the docks, telling you about how his daughter only prefers men with certain hair and beards).

I've gotten all but two achievements, and those will forever go undone. Getting all the Hero Dolls from the various pub games is a complete chore, and I'm not wasting my time linking the game to the SmartGlass app (especially now, since I already deleted the game's files to free up some space).

Overall, the game is good, but not very good, and far from great. If Lionhead had fixed at least most of the flaws, this game would be a very good one, but they didn't, and they won't. Hopefully the sequels will be better for me, because I'll be tackling them in the near future.

Grade -- 7/10
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Vae, a WHILE back you posted some Kickstarter of another Metroid style game where you played as I think a guy in blue space armor.
    Did I?

If I did, I don't remember what it was.
    Because Axiom Verge was the only like Metroid kickstarter that I've been anticipating for a long time, I think.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Thinking of kickstarters. Have you guys seen Star Mazer? I seriously wanna play this. :0

I made some progress in my new game on Arkham City, still making dumb mistakes, but I swear that the game/controller is screwing with me.

Since I need something on the 360 to replace Fable Anniversary, I popped in Crackdown. Yep, the first one, playing a badass law-enforcing super-soldier. Right after I started again, I got into a small gunfight and in doing so killed off the last handful of Los Muertos gangsters; it had been years since I played and I straight-up forgot what I had already done. After wiping out those last guys, I collected a bunch of orbs and moved against the Volk, though since I like them the most, I might break off and take out the Shai-Gen next.

Debating on playing Heavenly Sword or Infamous next on PS3, probably HS because it's more straightforward, I think. Need to get Infamous 2 (my stepdad has a copy of Second Son and I'll ask to borrow that sometime in the future).
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    So excited for Sunday now. :D
    I just hope I'm around when the game starts ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Nattles View Post
    Yup, that's the Never Alone to which I was referring! The Mac version came out recently, so I'm interested in picking it up. Then again, a Wii U version is supposedly coming out in June, and I'm saving up for one, so I might hold out until I buy the system instead. I prefer console gaming to gaming on my computer.
    I wish I had time to play my copy, it looks like such a good game. Unfortunately, school takes priority. ;-;

I think I'm the opposite with games, I tend to prefer PC over consoles nowadays. I suppose it does depend on the game, though. I like that some PC games like The Sims or Skyrim (yet another game I want to play) can be modded with custom content, but for something like Pokemon or The Legend of Zelda, I would prefer a console experience, of course.

I wish I had time to play my copy, it looks like such a good game. Unfortunately, school takes priority. ;-;

I think I'm the opposite with games, I tend to prefer PC over consoles nowadays. I suppose it does depend on the game, though. I like that some PC games like The Sims or Skyrim (yet another game I want to play) can be modded with custom content, but for something like Pokemon or The Legend of Zelda, I would prefer a console experience, of course.
    I have a Mac, and not a ton of games I'd be interested in are available for me. I've sometimes thought about saving up to build a PC for gaming, since except for Nintendo games and a few others, I could cut out expensive consoles completely. Even so, I prefer gaming on a TV to gaming at a desk. I work full-time at a computer at a desk, so that might be why. I know some people rig up their PCs so that the game displays on the TV screen instead, so that might be an option someday.

There's also gaming on a tablet--not a ton of options available, but I'm looking to see if Broken Age will play nicely on the tablet.