Page 144 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1596
    Weasyl
    Namba

I don't think I'll be disappointed in this. C:

So my stepdad, utterly fed up with The Evil Within, asked me if I had any PS4 games he could try. Since he liked Splinter Cell and I only have Ground Zeroes and Arkham Knight, I loaned him GZ. He liked it, but finished it pretty quickly (it IS a two-hour game, technically, unless you do all the side stuff).

He let me have EW and I've been fiddling around with it, since I haven't played survival-horror in a long while (at least, not without a cheat device, since I'd already played most of my Resident Evil games several times each normally). The game isn't too bad, aside from the awful animation when quickly walking. Graphics are solid, voice acting is okay, the WTF factor is high (ghosts, freakish mutants, an entire city's population vanishing instantly, portion of said city rotating as if on a lazy Susan, etc).

I did manage to get a couple trophies (5 consecutive stealth kills, one stealth kill after stunning an enemy with a thrown bottle to the head). Had I known about a couple of enemies playing dead, I would possibly have gotten a third trophy, but eh, maybe next time.

I'm alternating between AC: Brotherhood (roughly halfway done, not counting side stuff), Evil Within, and Arkham Knight on my end, but given that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier does not have local co-op, my dad might end up giving that to me since he doesn't think he'd like it that much. Besides, he'll have his hands full with the MGS games he has (though he hates how rigid 2 and 3 are, not being able to move and shoot, or even touching the aim button causing you to shoot). He does rather like 4, though, and was talking about Phantom Pain looking like something he'd want to play.

But yeah, me and dad gotta find something else to play now that we again beat Army of Two: The 40th Day and can't access Extraction Mode without an EA account.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    Wait...A Metroid 2 remake? That's kinda...cool! I think I'll give it a try too.

By the way, for anyone interested, Digimon ReDigitize for PSP has finally been translated.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    I feel like that is the only post of mine you read on the matter before making this reply
    Guilty as charged.

Sorry...I don't have internet access at home and I'm stuck at home for the summer, so I rarely have time to read anything whenever I do get access to the internet (visit to McDonalds or some other wifi hotspots). I shouldn't have been so quick, and even so, I was far too defensive. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Battlechili1; 06-28-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Played my first lego game, its Lego: Marvel Super Heroes:Universe in Peril. I'm not sure what to think? I had played the wii-u version with some friends a while back and its was just so much better. The cut-scenes are great but man the gameplay is just not fun at all. It could also be because its a DS game but mannn I was just really disappointed.

There are just some games that don't work that well on the DS and this is certainly one of them... OTL

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlechili1 View Post
    I was far too defensive. Sorry about that.
    I.. What? That's being far too defensive? <_<

You were fine, just quick to the draw; everyone does it on occasion.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Dude, I fucking loved that game. I used to play it online with my friend a shit load and I 100% it several times. I just wish it was on a console instead.

Also, YOU. You should check out the new demo for that Metroid 2 remake I showed you years back on FAF.
    http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

EDIT: AND YOU VAE. YOU THINK I DON'T SEE YOU DOWN THERE?
    Oh this thing! I forgot about this thing. I should really give it a run, since I've never actually gone through M2.

I'm watching TBFP play Freedom Planet, and jesus christ this game looks amazing.
    Aside from the Sonic fanfiction plot.
    But it still looks great.

Someone in the comments called it the Megaman X to Sonic classic's Megaman classic.
    And it's so true.

This game actually makes me want to draw more pixel art.
    Resident Koopa Trash

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1437

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Picked up Shovel Knight on Steam Sale. It's a pretty competent retro-platformer. Structurally like Mega Man, combat like DuckTales with Castlevania-like special weapons, and an SMB3 world map. Worth playing.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I swear, that demo was long as fuck. I have some of the typical late game powerups, 140 missiles, most of the Metroids are kill, and I fought some of the bosses. A little over 2 hours in. lol
    Jesus.
    I can beat Super in around 2 hours.

At least most of it's done.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Namba

I think I finally have a real reason to get a PS4 now.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    I have been hit by the desire to replay Star Wars Battlefront 2
    As well as Prince of Persia, and Company of Heroes