Page 157 of 160 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1596
    Had to repeatedly reload from checkpoint on a mission to rescue a defector, but eventually I pulled it off with only a single enemy tranqed. I also completed all the sub-objectives, one of which was rescuing an escaped prisoner who was hiding up above the base. First time I rescued him, an enemy spots the balloon, sending the base into alert mode and eventually screwing me royally.

Restarted from there, carried the escapee to a spot away from the base, ballooned him away, sneaked in and tranqed the lone guard, ballooned the defector through the hole in the ceiling, sneaked out (and somehow someone way off/below saw me crouch-walking on a ridge above the base, forcing me to crawl for a while; no idea how the hell that happened).

But when I cleared the hot zone I got high praise and my second S-rank. Fucking sweet.

Also felt good setting up some extra base platforms for my staff. First one was to gain extra materials, then the R&D to get more toys, then support. I should probably advance the story so that I can actually get some of the really useful stuff, like improved cargo Fultons, allowing me to hijack containers and vehicles and heavy weapons.

God, I love playing as Big Boss.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Phantom Pain really wants you to micromanage your staff. If you don't either cancel out Troublemakers by having them in twos per unit or with loads of diplomats/other counter-skilled persons, then you're going to keep getting dudes sent to the infirmary or brig.

I just fired six or seven of them from my staff before going through everyone to reassign as needed based on skill levels and special traits (the game does a tolerable job of auto-assigning new recruits, but sometimes badly places them). Causes your units to level down until you assign better members.

The game also threw me a birthday party on Tuesday. I was trying to figure out what the hell it was and then it dawned on me that that was why I had to enter my personal data at the beginning, much like in Sons of Liberty.

Weasyl
    DevilishlyHandsome49
    Been playing Fallout 3 on my PS3 and to me, I really think the game's graphics hold up pretty well today

Weasyl
    HodgeScarfwearer
    So I recently got the Steam version of Tron 2.0.
    It's really fun, and super-immersive.

...also the only FPS I actually play on PC.
    End of line.

Weasyl
    Hewge

Legacy of the Void opening cinematic finally shown! Release date announced! Starcraft hyyyype

Is anyone else here actually into Starcraft?!
    I mean - even if you're overly intimidated by the multiplayer, Starcraft still has one of the best stories ever.

I'm excited to finally see how one of my favourite stories end, and to get a campaign in SC2 for my favourite race :v
    Last edited by Hewge; 09-13-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    I have Starcraft II, haven't played it in a long time though. Story wise its very good. One of the best story lines I seen in a long time. But I have never been a huge fan of real time strategy games like that. For some reason turn based strategy is more what I like (ie total war or civilization).

You ever accidentally get the highest rank a mission can allow?

I accidentally got S-rank on a Phantom Pain mission.

I was redoing the Red Brass mission to take out three commanders. Got to the village where they meet, tried to get a good vantage point to hit them all with a rocket launcher, had to reload the checkpoint, this time went around to the village's north edge and climbed atop a small building.

The targets arrived, I listened to their chat, a sandstorm came along and thankfully dispersed before the meeting ended, and when the commanders were leaving their building I began firing. The first two were easy kills but the third was running around trying to kill me, so he took two shots. I then ran away amidst a storm of gunfire, got on my horse and ran like hell to the mission's boundaries. I was hoping for maybe A-rank, but then I got top honors and my eyes popped wide.

I celebrated by forcibly recruiting another soldier from a nearby outpost.

Picked up Destiny: The Taken King, redeemed most of the add-on codes I received but did not validate the 30-day PS Plus trial code. I'll do that once I've actually started the game and gotten something of a hang of it. I'll probably make a Hunter and then Titan, unless I can come up with a cooler character name for my Titan first.

I also had to call my dad and let him know that Fallout 4 is now to release Nov. 10. He told me to take off work so we can get it together (he was joking, because he's at least vaguely aware that I don't care about Fallout).

Weasyl
    DevilishlyHandsome49
    This your first time playing Destiny?