Page 82 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    On the bright side, based on all the talk I've been seeing in places on the internet, I THINK (am far from certain until actual numbers come in) that Bayonetta 2 has got a good bit of popularity and is probably selling decently, or at least much better than the original did. It having Nintendo behind it probably helps in advertising it.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    As XoPachi put it, the first just did not make much of a splash, and when news broke that Nintendo was getting the sequel, there was a shitstorm of "Oh god it'll be fucking neutered!!!" all over the Web. Nintendo has censored games before, but they have also had some pretty graphic stuff as well.
    That's curious. I never really had any interest in the game, but I do recall a ton of positive talk about the game when it was first released. I would have thought it was a huge success, based on the amount of publicity it received alone. It's odd to see that it did, in fact, not achieve as much popularity as I thought it did.

Critical success and commercial success are mutually exclusive. Having good word of mouth doesn't help if no one is buying.

Look at Okami: a beautiful game, and well-liked, but terrible sales.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #814

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Steam's Weekend Deal has Transistor at 50% off ($9.99) until November 3rd. Just picked it up myself now that I've finally played Bastion.

Also Wash_Doges at 40% off if you care about that for some reason.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Just finished playing Broken Age. It only took a few hours to finish, and only the first act is available right now, but it's likely going to be worth waiting for the next. Without giving anything away, I'd have to describe it as the M. Night Shyamalan movie of gaming. Mind was completely blown by the end. 8C

Weasyl
    Matthew Wolfbane
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy View Post
    Just finished playing Broken Age. It only took a few hours to finish, and only the first act is available right now, but it's likely going to be worth waiting for the next. Without giving anything away, I'd have to describe it as the M. Night Shyamalan movie of gaming. Mind was completely blown by the end. 8C
    I expected as much, might try going further with it soon.
    Any favourite parts so far?

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewWolfbane View Post
    I expected as much, might try going further with it soon.
    Any favourite parts so far?
    Hm... I played through Vella's story first, but I liked Shay's much better. He felt more relatable, and I think he was funnier. My favorite part was the end of act one, but I don't want to go into any details just in case anyone else here wants to play through it.

Weasyl
    Manna
    The binding of isaac: rebirth launched today

I don't know what any of these new items do but the ludovico technique absolutely destroys mom's heart

EDIT: I really like the balance changes they've made to some of the bosses

Famine's speed was lowered but his shot speed was increased, and Larry Jr. poops about 3 times as often, so both of these bosses are a little more difficult and less of a total joke

I ~think~ pin spits blood more often but I can't be sure because I encountered him in the depths and 1 shot him
    Last edited by Manna; 11-04-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    HAPPENING

Dem' drums in the trailer tho
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    N/A
    ^ JFC YES

Urg, I'm feeling really crummy right now. I had to go into a skype chat with 2 of my online friends for a few boss runs in DN. They're super nice and like I've known them for about a month now and it was the first time that I spoke in chat, but becuz I'm so bad at talking to ANYONE I think they were super uncomfortable at my awkwardness and ya. ;-; I hope they'll still talk to me normally in game, I don't think I'll be joining anymore chat sessions though.. Maybe I'll draw their characters as a sorry & ty gift for putting up with me.