QTMelon

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #242

Weasyl
    Term

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    *Jealousy exponentially growing*

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I have Injustice, but is it sad that I'm extremely excited to play Flower on it? (I've played it on PS3) it's just such a pretty and relaxing game.
    I really love how quick the downloads are. On the PS3 they take forever even with my 100mb connection. I think the only sad thing is it doesn't see the 5ghz band but it's not that bad.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I am generally bad at most of these games so don't feel bad when we play.

I am somewhat irritated with downloads on PS4 because I keep getting corruption errors. The other things I don't like is that it is really crippled as a media device, no DLNA no Mp3 which I hope they fix in future updates.

I also don't know why we can't have folders because too many games looks like a Facebook clusterfuck.

I tend to categorize my games based on when I got them like PS+ so I know to keep an eye on them not to expire my subscription.

Other than that it is a beautiful device

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #246

Weasyl
    Term
    To be fair, it's clear some level of "folders" do exist based on the TV/video options on UI. You have a separate folder specifically to access things like Netflix and Hulu.

So it's definitely possible to do something similar. They could allow for options of how far you want to separate it based on PS4, PS+, free to play and so on.

Playstation has been very good about listening to customer feedback. I wouldn't be shocked if that is an update that rolls out this year.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Yes, I have no doubt it was rushed out to make the holidays and will come later, as from what I remember even the PS3 had to get the same updates.

Finally figured out the option to retry a download instead of deleting and having misery with a corrupted download. So I'm on friendlier terms now. I love how Don't Starve looks and as well as Injustice. I may get the camera later down the line since that seems to have some interesting things with it.

The funny part was I was playing Resogun and nearly threw my controller out of fright when it told me "Human Lost" I forgot about the speakers on the controller. Probably great for horror games!

The LED yes, I understand why people want an option to turn it off, but seeing it change color and create various ambiance is actually pretty damn neat. Like it turns red if you're in a dark room and lighting up a torch. I like how there's actually thought in giving more immersion in games than just putting on a VR helmet that would make you motion sick.

Also the smartphone integration is neat too, better than a clunky WiiU tablet.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 03-31-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I'm downloading Borderlands 2, 'Pachi so whenever we can play it.

I was playing Flower on both Ps3 and PS4 to see the difference. It's less compressed than PS3 (you see a lot of artifacts, like jpg compression) in the PS3 version where the PS4 has better depth of field and is much clearer. The framerates are better and handling the controller is much better. Sometimes I felt like I couldn't get as good of a response when I first played Flower.

since I have the USB cable for it, I'm going to try playing certain games with the PS4 controller on PS3 (it won't work with the XMB because the PS button does not work) but it will work like a generic controller sans the sixaxis control.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Someone start streaming Goat Simulator already.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Someone start streaming Goat Simulator already.
    I really wanna play that, but I think ten quid is a liiittle bit much for a game that seems so short and simple.

edit:

wait wtf it's 7 quid

I've been lied to

totally buying at some point