Page 78 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    Edit:
    http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...d-Control.html

In case you thought Alien: Isolation had no weapons to defend yourself with, that you really were helpless. Granted, it is used here against too-powerful-for-it enemies, but being spoken of in case you were thinking there were no weapons or anything.
    Interesting
    I had heard nothing about enemies like that
    I'm hoping they aren't prevalent throughout the game because I kind of want to see more of a xenomorph focus
    -insert something sarcastic/moody here-

The introduction of this (so far) lone firearm is not overly displeasing to me, but I have some thoughts:

1) It is being showcased here both in its own function and to demonstrate the ramifications of engaging androids in battle.

2) The amount of ammo for it throughout the game and how that ammo will be expended. Given that the androids are virtually unharmed by it, and that it would be absolutely stupid for the game to be plentiful with ammunition so as to make killing enemies easier, I think it may be the case that, similar to Half-Life 2's episode, you use it to open pathways and then never again.

3) It might be that possession of the weapon is limited to a section of the game and nowhere else.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    The introduction of this (so far) lone firearm is not overly displeasing to me, but I have some thoughts:

1) It is being showcased here both in its own function and to demonstrate the ramifications of engaging androids in battle.

2) The amount of ammo for it throughout the game and how that ammo will be expended. Given that the androids are virtually unharmed by it, and that it would be absolutely stupid for the game to be plentiful with ammunition so as to make killing enemies easier, I think it may be the case that, similar to Half-Life 2's episode, you use it to open pathways and then never again.

3) It might be that possession of the weapon is limited to a section of the game and nowhere else.
    Sounds like an interesting mechanic
    This is one of the few games on my "must try" list
    -insert something sarcastic/moody here-

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...-and-Jill.html

I'm not especially fond of the BSAA outfits to begin with, but I can't say they're awful, either. Jill's is better than Chris's, in my opinion.

Weasyl
    Recel
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    owo
    What's this?

TETRIS AND ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE! PARDON THE FUCK OUT OF ME!

CAN WE GET A CASTLEVANIA MOVIE!?
    A METROID MOVIE?!
    A QUAKE MOVIE!?
    A CONTRA MOV-oh wait Predator :3
    NO?! ANGRY BIRDS AND TETRIS? THIS IS FINE.

THAT ZELDA CGI PILOT WAS NICE! I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THAT BECOME A FEATURE FILM, BUT NOPE! THAT GOT DENIED!
    TETRIS AND ANGRY BIRDS BITCH!!!

WAS BATTLESHIP NOT ENOUGH!?

GUESS NOT HOW ABOUT BIRDS AND BLOCKS!?
    It's because of CGI, and how CGI is being paid for. No surprise they pick something that can be made with less CGI. Also, because they are "popular". Next stop will be flappy birds!

Weasyl
    Tipsy

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    It's because of CGI, and how CGI is being paid for. No surprise they pick something that can be made with less CGI. Also, because they are "popular". Next stop will be flappy birds!
    I can't wait for Temple Run: The Movie, where they take the boulder scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark, replace the rock with CGI monkeys or whatever and stretch it out for 90 minutes.

And if we're lucky, we'll get Temple Run: The Movie: The Game.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    Damn straight. The theaters will be stuffed with little kids that were handed their parent's phone/tablet to occupy them. And it is a huge demographic. It's a total money grab. Simple story, easily animated, cut, print, profit.

As for Tetris? I don't know how the hell they'll do that one. Probably aliens or some weird bullshit.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game...ox-one/review/

Alien: Isolation...doesn't suck ass? PRAZE JEEBUS! PRAZE JEEBUS!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Just did 11hrs of grinding on Dragon nest with a friend nonstop. My poor legs, but dang I feel so accomplished. I want to go back on.. acrobats are so bloody fun to play T_T