Page 156 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1596
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Because reasons. That include merely agreeing with anti-GG. Quantity over quality.

Anyways, I played for a very very tiny bit and have to say it seems to have potential. It's definitely not Metroid though as it's much faster and platformier (like Earth Worm Jim, Contra or any of the other hundreds of side scroll games on the SNES). It does nail the Ikaruga though which is totes fun. I will give it a shot again; I've been wanting something to replace Drunken Robot Pronography for a while.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    If anyone is ever looking for another Metroidvania style game, I would highly recommend Outland. It was basically Metroid fused with Ikaruga and it was fantastic.
    That is a pretty fun game

Weasyl
    N/A
    I think a better game to compare it to would be Moon Diver+Ikaruga.

I now have an actual Diamond Dog (oh Kojima, you and your wacky names!).

I also customized Mother Base a bit (and finally managed to log in briefly on the game's servers and claim the daily reward before being disconnected, what a lousy service). Captured a translator so that I can speak Russian now, and interrogated his buddies (failed to capture the truck and its driver though).

I'm going to have a piss-ton of fun with Phantom Pain. Micro-managing base morale will be annoying, but I know I can nail this game.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    N/A
    They tried airing that game on the news but couldn't because it was so bruuuuuuttaaaallll.

I really need to work on my stealth and general competence/handling skills. I was skirting a guard outpost and saw something on the other side, got out my scope, moved a bit to get a decent viewing angle, and fell off the ledge (while on horseback) and the guards spotted me. Had to run like hell.

I also had to do two side ops twice each. The first one, extracting a skilled soldier, didn't load properly or something, because the target was not present but his bodyguards were. i extracted the wrong man and then when riding the chopper home, saw the mission wasn't done and had to redo it.

The second mission I had to extract a translator, and I chose a bad landing spot and found that the farther south I went, the more impassable mountains there were. Had to leave, pick a better spot, and land again. When I did reach the outpost where the translator was held, I tried to stealthily knock out or kill the guards, managed to do it with the first one, got spotted, had to shoot the rest in a big gunfight. At least I was moderately rewarded by collecting some diamonds and processed materials.

So far, I think Splinter Cell: Blacklist had better stealth and general gameplay mechanics, but I'm barely into the game, so I know I'm going to only be impressed (though this does really raise my hopes for the next SC game).

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    Captured a translator so that I can speak Russian now,
    I thought a big point was made in MGS3 that Big Boss could already speak fluent Russian?

(Considering the entire game took place in Russia, and the characters were supposed to be assumed as speaking Russian. Just through translation so the player could relate / understand.)
    Resident Koopa Trash

You're building an army in Phantom Pain, so I suppose the translation might be the "story reason" unless being in a nine-year coma addled his multilingual skills a bit.

Or maybe the characters in Snake Eater weren't speaking quite as much Russian or something.

Or maybe they didn't/couldn't implement that particular gameplay mechanic in Snake Eater but did so here.

Heck if I know.

Weasyl
    LauriJ
    So, any Team Fortress 2 players here?